Did anyone else get a new charge added to their UM account today?

<p>Just checked my UM account after I saw a Facebook message on the group page saying they received a charge on their account today after paying their bill in full 4 days ago. I paid mine 2 days ago and got a charge of almost 300 dollars also saying it's due today. I found a few others also saying they paid there's recently and having a charge so I hope its probably a problem with the system for paying so close to the deadline. Is anyone else having the same problem?</p>

<p>I’d email student accounts at <a href=“mailto:saccounts@miami.edu”>saccounts@miami.edu</a>. Give them your C# and they should be able to help.</p>

<p>My D got a $144 credit on her account - which I’m sure showed $0 just last week…odd.</p>

<p>I don’t recall the specific info on the payment screen at the time, but there was some comment about a service charge that would be made for credit card payments (we paid by check). Could that be what the $300 is? (hefty, but don’t know what their %charge is…)</p>

<p>@ZincWhiskers I checked today and I also got the $144 dollar credit which replaced the $298.5 charge they gave me yesterday. It is most likely definitely something wrong with the system. Also, I noticed that with the $144 credit that the Activity fee disappeared which either meant they aren’t charging us for it anymore and gave us the money for personal use or it was by mistake and once they fix it the balance should be back to zero. Guess we’ll have to call tomorrow to be sure.</p>

<p>I also have the $144 credit added to my other credit from over-payment, but my national merit scholarship was taken out, so my credit isn’t as much as it was… I’m hoping this is just a glitch in the system, because I worked hard for that scholarship.</p>

<p>It’s pretty clear at this point that there’s an issue in their system. So there’s no point in worrying.</p>

<p>The $144 activity fee was just re-added, consuming the credit that appeared last week, so I’m back to a zero balance. They must be fixing the issues…</p>

<p>Was anyone’s deposits subtracted from the balance that was owed? Our two deposits (dorm & tuition) are listed as 12/14/12 even though they were paid last March. I called today and they told me that they will be credited against the spring bill.</p>

<p>Last year, these deposits were also shown as future credits for us. So, when your spring bill is due in December, those will kick in to reduce the amount owed for 2nd semester.</p>