Did anyone get a package from the department of their major? What does this mean?

<p>The other day I got a package from virginia tech's biochemistry department with a letter that says</p>

<p>"The admissions office informs us that you have applied to Virginia Tech as a major in Biochemistry.....and are a strong candidate for admission"</p>

<p>It then starts talking about the major and scholarships.</p>

<p>The package included a folder with all of the biochemistry curriculum requirements and information about how to apply for scholarships and information about careers, minors, and concentrations.</p>

<p>I haven't been accepted to the school yet, so I'm wondering if this department just sends this to everyone who says they want to major in biochem or if it means that i'm probably in?</p>

<p>The admissions office provides departments with lists of applicants who have indicated they intend to major in those departments. The letter means exactly what it says.</p>

<p>It does probably mean you're in since it says "strong candidate for admission." Do you know anyone who has applied for engineering and got something similar?</p>

<p>I kind of doubt you'd get one for engineering since you don't apply to your specific major, you apply to the college of engineering. I never got one and I believe that I would probably have been classified as a strong candidate for admission.</p>

<p>i'm trying not to get my hopes up, my midterm grades SUCKED. :(</p>