Did You Get Accepted to NYU Class of 2027? Get All Your Questions Answered by the School - Exclusive AMA w/ NYU on Thu, Apr 27 @ 4-5pm ET

We are super excited to announce another exclusive live forum event featuring Tyler Boyle (a.k.a. @TylerAdmNYU ), Senior Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at New York University, and JiJi Lee (a.k.a. @JiJiStudentNYU), a junior at NYU College of Arts and Science, studying politics and journalism.

The event will take place here, in the comments section below, on Thursday, April 27 from 4-5pm ET.

Did you get accepted to NYU this year? This is a great opportunity to get your questions answered by @TylerAdmNYU and @JiJiStudentNYU. Tyler (they/them) has been in admissions for 4 years and they are just finishing up their first year at NYU. They recruit and read applications for Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and the Baltics in Eastern Europe. As mentioned, JiJi is a current student and can share the student perspective.

The AMA is FREE for all registered users. If you don’t have an account yet, REGISTER NOW!

Make sure to submit questions for the live event by commenting below. Also, fill out the poll below and let us know why you’re excited about this event.

**Please note that the event will cover only admissions or student life related questions, anything off topic will be dismissed and comments may be removed.

1 Like
Did you get accepted to NYU this year?
  • YES, got accepted ED
  • YES, got accepted RD
  • NO, I was not admitted this year
  • I plan on applying next year

0 voters

Which NYU school were you admitted to?
  • Liberal Studies
  • Tisch
  • Tandon
  • College of Arts & Science
  • Silver School of Social Work
  • School of Professional Studies
  • Gallatin
  • Nursing
  • Stern
  • Steinhardt
  • NYU Shanghai
  • NYU Abu Dhabi
  • Not applicable

0 voters

Hello, I got accepted by the Clive Davis Institute at Tisch. Since it is located in Brooklyn, I am wondering what residance hall would you recommend for me. I was told that to live in Manhattan might be better than Brooklyn during my first year even though I would have to commute. Also, what is the schedule of NYUs shuttle to Brooklyn? I’m usually most creative at night and would like to know how late the shuttle runs. Thanks.

1 Like

Do you suggest a Steinhardt application to submit his SAT score if it is in the low 1300s? Or is it better to go without the test score?

2 Likes

How do you evaluate AP scores in your admissions process? How do you evaluate SAT/ACT scores? Is there some threshold that when passed, the score doesn’t matter much anymore?

2 Likes

I had an error in my fafsa and css profile so I made corrections that were later approved by NYU’s financial aid office. I was offered an enrollment deposit extension until May 8th, but now my financial aid offer is under professional judgment so how long does this process typically take?

1 Like

My mom went to NYU. Does legacy help me at all?

I’m also very interested in the study abroad programs.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for attending today’s live AMA w/ NYU! We’ll go live in a few minutes and I’m excited to welcome @TylerAdmNYU and @JijiStudentNYU to their first College Confidential event. Tyler and JiJi will answer your questions in the next hour. Make sure to ask all your questions by commenting below.

1 Like

@musicalchessmom, I can share that our mid-50% of SAT scores this past year was between a 1530 and a 1590. We are test optional for next year’s class. However, we cannot advise on whether or not a student should submit a score, as it is your application and story to tell.

@rosechild, we do not consider legacy in the admissions process. Study abroad is a great thing to do at NYU, as we have a global academic center in 15 cities around the world.

1 Like

@Siddd, unfortunately, that is something that you will have to touch base with our office of financial aid, as we do not handle the FA packages. That said, our offices are working closely together to ensure that everyone who is working with FA is able to get their final package before depositing.

@mkcc180, we have a flexible testing policy at NYU. Therefore, you can submit SAT, ACT, or 3 AP exams (or a combination of other tests such as a national exam) and we will review the testing that you choose on the application. So, it will be up to you to choose what you want us to review. You can submit all tests but we will only consider what you tell us you want us to review (or we won’t review anything if you choose to go test optional!)

@apollosmom, you are welcome to live in any of our residential halls. From the Clive Davis website: In the fall of 2019, we moved into our space at 370 Jay Street, with state-of-the-art facilities. This will be the location for any courses which require our facilities, such as production or musicianship courses. However, our student body will still be taking courses in Manhattan, close to 50% depending on their academic level. As such, we encourage first-year students looking for a residence hall experience to consider the Manhattan offerings. Many students find their first year residence hall experience to be crucial to their extra-curricular life at NYU.

The shuttle that goes between Brooklyn and Manhattan appears to go until 11:45 PM in the evening and starts again at 7:00 AM.

You can reach them at financial.aid@nyu.edu

On the note of SAT scores - is there a difference in mid-50% of SAT schools between schools within NYU? In other words, say Stern’s mid 50% was 1450-1500 and Steinhardt was 1520-1570? (just throwing numbers out there). Or is it all pretty similar?

The 4% acceptance rate of CAS is amazing! how will you predict the yield rate for CAS this year and how will you predict the ranking of NYU for next year?

@rosechild, our 15 global sites include Washington DC, Los Angeles, New York, Buenos Aires, Paris, Madrid, London, Prague, Florence, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Accra, Sydney, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai.

It is important to note that Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, and New York are also our degree granting campuses where students can spend all 4 years on the campus and graduate with a degree.

1 Like