Did You Get Accepted to NYU Class of 2027? Get All Your Questions Answered by the School - Exclusive AMA w/ NYU on Thu, Apr 27 @ 4-5pm ET

@MVilleGuy9, as we are one undergraduate admissions office, the mid-50% is representative of all first year students in the admitted student pool. Therefore, no, there are no differences between schools.

1 Like

@Ubiquitous23, the yield will depend on a variety of things, including if the students that were admitted still want to come to NYU (among a variety of other reasons). RE: ranking - I’m not sure, as that is handled by an outside entity that also considers the factors of all of the other schools they are ranking.

My son is really into research as an undergraduate. Will it be possible to start working in a research lab as a freshman?

@Ubiquitous23, yes. It does depend on space in the lab and what kind of research your son is looking to do. But, I have known of first year students being able to be actively involved in research in their first year. There is an opportunity to do research over the summer after your student’s first year on campus.

Is in-campus housing available to all students (including juniors and seniors)? if so, are the costs comparable? Thanks!

@Ubiquitous23, housing is guaranteed for all first-year students. It is never required. Housing is also guaranteed for all four-years provided that the student never moves out of an NYU building. Therefore, in order to guarantee housing for all four-years, students should plan on staying within that system at NYU and never live off campus. If they move off campus, housing is no longer guaranteed and they will be placed on a waiting list.

RE: costs: each dorm has a different cost associated. You can find the exact break down on our residential life website.

@JiJiStudentNYU, as you are a current student at NYU, can you share with our community 1) why did you pick the school and 2) some highlights of your time at NYU?

1 Like

Would love to hear from @JijiStudentNYU! The published low acceptance rate and high median SAT led us thinking that there will be a talented cohort, which is a super plus. How bad is the competition among peers?

Is there a way to get financial assistance while attending NYU?

@Alina_Gangji, yes! All of our financial aid is need-based financial aid. In order to qualify, students must submit the CSS Profile and the FAFSA. Otherwise, financial aid will not be awarded.

@JiJiStudentNYU was having some technical issues, but she should be on now.

I chose NYU because I wanted to live in the greatest city in the world! When I toured NYU, I saw a group of college students having a picnic in Washington Square Park and it made me realize NYU gives the best of both worlds of bustling, busy city but also a tightly knit community! I love going to Broadway shows every week with my student discount! I even saw a celebrity who I actually wrote about in my NYU Application essay! I love going to museums and artgalleries. I love being an Admissions Ambassador and being part of Student Government! I have made so many friends from different walks of life and I could not imagine spending my college life anywhere else!

That is a great question, @Ubiquitous23! Honestly, I think NYU students are very supportive to one another. You can always find study groups that help people study together and help each other in class! It is such a blessing that I get to go to school with students who are so dedicated and passionate!

We are at time. THANK YOU, @TylerAdmNYU and @JiJiStudentNYU for taking time to answer our questions. It’s been a pleasure having you on site and we look forward to the next NYU AMA.