Direct Admit Nursing options

What direct admit universities can I get into ?
GPA: 4.6w,3.9uw
ACT: 22
SAT:1080 (plan on retaking it may go up to 1100 or 1110)
PSAT: 1180 (took after SAT and I had taken some more math so I understood the test a little better)
AP: only one (AP Psych got a 4)
Dual Enrollment: will be 60 creds. by the end of senior yr.)
North Carolina based.

my high school is medical based. (medicine is literally in the name)
i am currently ranked #1 out of 78, but that can change b/c of the COVID-19 online school process (i get overwhelmed with online class, especially since all my classes are college Biology,math,french and english which may drop my grades)
URM (black and female), 1st Gen
Mother dealt with/ continuing to deal with depression while father works as a driver (3 am to 1 am)- even though I have these issues I continue to excel in honors, AP, and college classes.
self-employed baby sitter.
In the process of receiving my Associates in Science at my local CC.
a lot of humanitarian trips to my home country of Ethiopia.
Created “Abyssinia Donations” at my church that donated basic necessities to orphanages in Ethiopia.
Created my own website called Feminality meant to raise awareness on women health mentality and education. in the process of writing/publishing a poem book called 'Toxic Silk"
i’m also in the National Honors Society (Phi theta kappa) at my college for high GPA and academics. in this group we do a lot of service trips especially with special/non-neuro-typical kids.
Found the women’s empowerment club @ high school, and speech coach of my debate club.
volunteer at animal shelters (ranked volunteer of the month for high donations)
donate and volunteer at hospitals, daycares, and foster centers.

I want to go into OB/GYN nursing, work for around a year or two and get my MSN FNP.

schools I want to apply to:
UNC-CH, UNCC, UNCW, ECU (in-state and non-direct)
MCPHS-Boston
U-Hawaii (need to boost my SAT/ACT scores)
UMiami
Hartwick College
Case Western

Hi there elledd

I definitely think you have the stats to get into a direct admit program, especially if you can retake your ACT or Sat . If possible and you can afford to, take this route.
It just removes a lot of the pressure.

As many have said reputation of the nursing school isn’t important in getting your BSN. What is important is completion rate (from freshman to senior year) , that its accredited and the NCLEX pass rate.

I would start by printing out the most up to date direct admit nursing list and review the schools. There are also a couple of threads that list schools to apply to if you don’t have the most competitive grades, so you could start with those first. Then basically work through that list and identify which ones you think you will get into and that you can afford ( by running the net price calculator on their website). You will find that if you contact the admissions officer for your state at each school, they will be happy to tell you what their nursing class profile is and you can work out if its worth applying. This will always be higher than for the school overall. The higher up the academic profile you fall, the more merit money you are likely to get in addition to financial need aid. Some schools do not require an ACT or SAT but will look at what else you have to offer.

In addition to the school price and whether or not you look like a good fit academically, think about how easy it will be for you to get home. Do you want to be close to an airport? How much will those flights cost? There are certain states that have a huge amount of direct admit nursing schools - Pennsylvania is one. Others have none or very few.

If you do this and it looks like none of these direct admit schools will work for your budget etc then I would look at non direct schools. I would repeat the same steps at those, finding out their pre nursing class profile and percentage of students accepted into nursing.

Its a lot of work to work through a list but by doing your research you will be able to find a good list of schools to apply to. And for nursing, you will wantt to get your applications in early.
Best of luck!

I saw on another of your threads that you’re interested in areas with a strong Ethiopian population. You might consider schools in NJ and Minnesota. Also Philadelphia has a healthy population as well. Farleigh Dickinson in NJ might be a good option. They can be generous with their aid and having some college classes done might soften your load every semester.

my ACT score is actually a 24, i had input the incorrect number, don’t really know if that changes anything tho lol.