Direct entry nursing schools

<p>could someone suggest some direct entry nursing programs (bsn) in the southeast portion of the country. virginia to florida. she is looking for larger campus 15K students ++ greek life and a place where there are organizations to get involved with. we live in florida but out of state is not out of the question.</p>

<p>she has many ap , honors, and ib courses. Her weighted gpa is 4.13 act of 28 hoping for 30 when she takes it again in october. lots of ecs and she has volunteered at local hospitals for last 3 summers.</p>

<p>thanx for any help.</p>

<p>According to the thread “Master list of Direct Entry Nursing Programs” the following all are direct entry colleges that fit your geographical profile and size requirements. You might also want to consider colleges in Maryland, if that is not too far north. I’m not sure about Miami but I believe the other three all have great Greek Life programs. The only nursing program that I’m familiar with is UVA and it is supposed to be a top notch program. Good luck!</p>

<p>Florida State University (FL)
University of Miami (FL)
Clemson University (SC)
University of Virginia (VA)</p>

<p>Thank you, uva is a great school, would my daughter have any chance of getting in there?</p>

<p>UVA takes 60 or so nursing students each year, 70% instate, so that leaves 18 spots for out of state applicants…
my d decided not to apply…</p>

<p>debannross: As ShanghaiMom said; not many slots at UVA for OOS students. Therefor the competition is tough. Plus UVA is very generous with FA and one of the top ranked public universities in the country. I’d guess your daughter would need at least a 30 ACT and probably higher…but that is only a guess. One thing for sure; if she doesn’t apply her chances fall to zero. </p>

<p>What’s wrong with FSU? Seems as though a in-state school would be more affordable and closer to home. You could use the money you “save” to help pay for grad school.</p>

<p>I don’t know about the nursing numbers, but overall, UVa gets many more out of state applicants than in-state applicants. Since the out of state spots are limited, that makes competition extremely difficult. I’m also not encouraging my daughter to apply to UVa. because of the odds. UVa also says that have an extremely high rate of accepted students who agree to attend (they said close to 100%??!!), so that the number of students admitted is even lower than you would expect. </p>

<p>As noted above, one reason why UVa attracts so many out of state students is because they are need-blind in admissions AND meet 100% of need for out of state students, which is rare. </p>

<p>They also built a brand new nursing education building, which is right next to a huge modern hospital and medical research complex.</p>