Direct Entry vs Reg Admission Requirements

Hi everyone! I am currently doing some college research, and am aiming to study nursing in college. I was wondering if anyone could give any tips on the difference of admission in direct entry vs regular, most specifically the requirements (courses AP IB, experience, volunteering, etc. ) Hopefully my question made sense! Thank you !! :))

Varies. The direct-entry college I work for does consider gpa, courses, and experience. They also look for persons who they feel would best meet the mission and vision of the college. Last year we only accepted about 10% of applicants into the nursing school. Some had “lower” gpas of 3.5 so it was not all just about perfect scores.
However, there are some schools were gpa and courses matter the most.

1 Like

Oh! Got it, thank you so much @2plustrio this really helps!

Pay attention to the following:

• Direct admit students may be subject to high GPA or grade requirements to stay in the major. Check what these requirements are.
  • For non-direct admit students, check how selective secondary admission to the major is. Often, there is a minimum college GPA needed to apply, but if admission is competitive, the actual college GPAs of those admitted to the major may be significantly higher.

thank you so much @ucbalumnus I will keep this in mind!