diversity

<p>does anyone know about the diversity and character of the sweetbriar student body? I've heard a bunch of things and I'm interested to know if there are a lot of minorities and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds</p>

<p>Homogenous in what way, frootloop? Other than the gender factor lol ;) I'm curious as well ^^;; And if it is rather homogenous in most aspects, is it difficult for those who may be from a different background to acclimate into SBC?</p>

<p>SBC was a top choice for me. The reason why I'm not applying there anymore is due to the school's lack of diversity.</p>

<p>Most of the girls who attend SBC are sheltered, conservative Southern belles. </p>

<p>Hampden-Sydney is also ranked to be one of the most conservative schools in the US.</p>

<p>And by conservative, I mean southern conservative. They have their misconceptions about other races and such. Interracial dating wouldn't go along that easy.</p>

<p>I've heard from some girls that they wish they did more research before going to SBC and others say that it doesn't bother them.</p>

I attended SBC many years ago and back then hate to say I was in the minority. A handful of black students. I remember a handful of older day students who were locals…forgot the name of that program. Most girls came from money and very cliquish.

Now SBC did allow me to use my rotc scholarship and attend classes at Lynchburg and liberty. SBC was expensive for my military family and that SBC allowed me to do that…I am forever grateful.