Do colleges look at IB predicted grades out of 42 or 45

<p>I am an IB student living in Hong Kong, and because I go to a British-system based international school, we take the IB and the IB only. There is no GPA, so our predicted grades are basically what makes our transcript. </p>

<p>My question is, as the title says, whether or not US universities will look at my IB grades regarding TOK and EE points. The reason why I think they may see it out of 42 is because there are kids in the US who take IB but do not take the full diploma, meaning that TOK and EE predicted grades do not exist for them.</p>

<p>Also, in an attempt to get my predicted grades up, my original 2 TOK EE points dropped to 1 (although I managed to raise my overall IB predicted score by 3 points). </p>

<p>It would be advantageous to me if the TOK EE score is quite irrelevant, and if admissions officers concentrate and put much more emphasis on subject grades. These are my predicted grades:</p>

<p>HL Art 6
HL Chem 6
HL Econ 6
SL English 6
SL Jap 7
SL Math 7
TOK EE 1</p>

<p>38/42, or 39/45. Obviously without TOK EE would look better.</p>

<p>Also, I have no clue about the IB score acceptance range for some of the unis I am applying to. I am applying to Washington University in St. Louis Early Decision, Duke (legacy), USC, Cornell, University of Notre Dame, UC Berkeley, and some safeties. If anyone knows or people or has been accepted to any of these universities with IB grades, please give your opinion.</p>

<p>Thanks!!! (SAT score is 2160, if that matters)</p>

<p>as far as my experience is goes
most colleges will consider your score out of 42
maybe the ivies do look at those extra 3 points
good luck</p>

<p>My kid went to an American international school where IB was offered. She received grades for her classes, as well as score prediction. She was applying to tippy top schools and was told to get 42/45. She had all As from her classes, but she didn’t get 42. The scores were never reported because she didn’t get the test scores back until the summer after she graduated. She was admitted to her school of choice based on her grades, not IB scores. </p>

<p>If your school doesn’t give out grades, then unfortunately your IB predicted scores will be looked at as your grades. What you may want to do is to find out what do top 5%, 10% of students usually get. If you are within top 10% of your class then you’ll be in the ballpark for some of those schools.</p>

<p>I go to a British style school too and am currently doing IB. I’m assuming you’ve done your IGCSEs too? Well that and your IB predicted score will go to colleges. However, I don’t get why your school only sends in predicted scores to colleges? My school also sends in internal grades as it’s compulsory for American universities. Hmm anyway, the only person who can tell you what IB score you need to get into those colleges is your school’s counselor. But do remember that admission to american colleges is holistic so they’ll be looking at your extracurriculars, SAT I/II, essays, recommendations in addition to your IB predicted score and IGCSE grades. </p>

<p>If your schools uses naviance, i recommend searching up the colleges you’ve mentioned on there. It will tell you the IB/SAT scores people in your school were accepted with. You can use that data to figure out how your stats measure up to those that were accepted. </p>

<p>I am also an IB student and I spoke to the coordinator- our school sends a range out of 45 (eg. 40-42). But it may vary from school to school.</p>

<p>My school sends in our predicted scores out of 42 points - as the poster above said it varies so ask your school’s guidance counselor how your school does these things. </p>