Do I have a chance at getting into these schools?

<p>Right now, I am going to be a junior and so far I have only took honors courses, 1 AP(the only available one in sophomore year), and French(will finish till AP level). I have AP Chem and AP Lang and possibly AP Psych since I am on a waiting list. </p>

<p>My main concern is whether or not I will be able to get into the colleges of my choice because of my low unweighted gpa of 3.41, weighted is 3.92. I can't really change it, and I don't know why its so low when I've never even gotten any Cs in high school. I am aiming for 1900+ on my SAT but my target score is 2100+. I also have many extracurriculars that I care about and do community service.</p>

<p>Should I not even think of these schools or do any of you have any suggestions on schools that would actually accept me? Btw, I've done research on which schools would be good for undergraduates that will apply to medical school since I want to be a dermatologist or another type of physician . </p>

<p>The schools I am considering are:</p>

<p>Cornell University
Ithaca, NY </p>

<p>George Mason University (safety)
Fairfax, VA </p>

<p>New York University
New York, NY </p>

<p>Northwestern University
Evanston, IL</p>

<p>Tufts University
Medford, MA </p>

<p>University of Chicago
Chicago, IL </p>

<p>University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA </p>

<p>Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN </p>

<p>Washington University in St. Louis
Saint Louis, MO</p>

<p>First of I want to let you know that you still have time to bring your grades up if you are going to be a junior this year. Second do you have any leadership positions or seem able to step into a leadership position this year?</p>

<p>If your grades remain where they are now and your extracurriculars are just average than it will be tough for you to get into Cornell, Wash U, Northwestern, vandy and U Chi–more than likely in that order, with Cornell being the toughest.</p>

<p>U chicago is pretty dependent on essays and rigor of your senior year schedule. If you have good (not great) grades, essays and a very rigorous schedule, you have a decent shot at Uchicago(especially if you are from the city).</p>

<p>I think that George Mason is probably a good bet, while nyu, uva and tufts(through probably not if they consider your major) may be more attainable for you.</p>

<p>You just have to try to bring your grades up, or atleast show a stronger commitment to ECS–by having leadership roles.</p>

<p>Just try to do really well this year and don’t think to much of what I say or what anyone else says, because at the end of the day I don’t make the decisions…lol…With God + faith all things are possible. Good Luck</p>

<p>I think you need a couple more “in between” schools on your list.</p>

<p>Better than George Mason but less than the rather tip-top schools on your list.</p>

<p>Such as an Emory</p>

<p>Or a Penn State</p>

<p>Thank you for your replies. I just need to know what kind of GPA you have to use, only with core subjects or with foreign language. If with my language class, then my UW gpa is 3.54 which is much better than without it. Its would be helpful to find a list of schools like floridadad55 listed, since Cornell is far up there compared to my other choices.</p>

<p>You need some more match schools. You don’t have your SAT score so it’s hard to tell…but what are you looking for in a school, besides a good pre-med track?
Think about things like what kind of city you want it to be in (large and urban, suburban, small and rural), what size you want the school to be, if you’re interested in greek life at all, what kind of opportunities there are for undergraduates in the area, east coast/west coast/south/midwest, etc. That’ll help narrow it down a lot. Having foreign language on your transcript is definitely good as long as you’ve taken it for a few years and haven’t changed languages. If it helps your GPA, keep it! Definitely shoot for the highest SAT score possible…1900s honestly isn’t that hard, I’m sure you can get that pretty easily. for the schools you’re looking at you definitely need to score in the 2100s though. It helps to score that high for your match schools as well. You still have a lot of time to pull up your grades, though. Work super hard this year.
Good luck :)</p>