Do I have a chance of getting into Boston University?

I know nobody can perfectly predict college acceptances.
But I want to know if I have a decent chance of getting into Boston University.
I have 3.5 UW gpa and 4.3 Weighted GPA. I took AP/ honor level classes all throughout my high school years. I have good EC that match my major & I also held a lot of leadership positions. I also worked on the essay for a long time and got help from my teachers, so I think my essay is good.
Do you think I can get into Boston University?

I don’t know if you can.

Did you go to a public school or private school? How are you weighting to get to a 4.3.

What is your SAT/ACT?

What kind of activities? It doesn’t matter that they match your major.

Are you applying Early Decision?

I went to a public school and I took a lot of AP / honor classes so that is why my weighted gpa is 4.3 even though my Uw is 3.5.
I did test optional (because I didn’t take SAT/ACT).
And I did mainly community service and teaching for my activities.
And I applied for regular decision.

Highly unlikely - especially having applied RD.

What was your weighting system to go from a 3.5 to a 4.3. Not +.5 Honors and +1 AP.

Good luck to you - but and I’m not an AO, but I see little path for you.

The good news is - if you like BU, there are easier admits that are similar - GW, Pitt, Minnesota, Charleston, Drexel etc. Hope you applied to some.

It depends. From what you report, the chances are low, unless you are in a particular demographic that BU might be seeking. Where else did you apply? What are you interested in studying? Do you have any career plans yet? Do you match a demographic group that BU might be seeking?

I’d say slim to none unless you have a hook you didn’t mention. URM? First-Gen?

Where else did you apply?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.