do I need an essay

<p>hello all I m new here.</p>

<p>I am from Connecticut and taking classes one of the community colleges here. my GPA is around 3.70 and I have 30 credits however I will be taking 10 more credits in spring 2011.
the question is do u think I ll be able to get in without essay or do I need one? if I do need one what it could be about?</p>

<p>You should write an essay if you feel it supports or would be beneficial to your application. There are several prompts offered on the transfer application. If you do decide to write an essay you may choose one from that list. One of them is to write about the top five reasons you want to attend VT; another is free response-which can be about anything; another is a personal statement-tell them about your interest, career goals, etc. You should be able to share something about yourself from any of these or the other prompts you have to chose from for the application. </p>

<p>One of the questions I would want to know as an Admissions rep is why a girl from CT wants to come to Blacksburg, VA to school. What do we offer that has intrigued her to have an interest in us.</p>