Do I HAVE to write an essay?1?2?3?

<p>Stats
black female
fairfax co
4.0 WGPA
2290 SAT 1580(w/o writing)
Engineering</p>

<p>I don't have a teacher recommendation. Sidenote: If I get my teacher to send it separate from my transcript how upset would they get?</p>

<p>So 1? 2? 3? I have a free choice already written( of course). I need to get in, otherwise odds are I'm not going to college.</p>

<p>Also do they look at my SAT2's I have an 800 Math 2 and 790 Chem.</p>

<p>You could probably give them just your GPA and SAT and you’d get in. Your stats are amazing! I don’t think you even have to write an essay with your stats since they’re optional (from when I applied).</p>

<p>I would think the app deadline has already passed for Tech though, right?</p>

<p>Thanks, and the deadline is actually the 17th. I’ll just submit it now with a free choice, and another 2 essays I mashed together just now. Tech is my only safety so I want to be sure I will get in. </p>

<p>Does anyone know if Tech does those strange rejections of qualified candidates to make a point?</p>

<p>I’d be positively stunned if you didn’t get in, but it’s Fairfax County so you never know.</p>

<p>I don’t think they need a teacher recommendation. The SAT IIs are really only necessary if you were home schooled. With your grades and SAT scores you should have no problem getting in. Since VT is actively trying to recruit women into engineering that should be in your favor as well. But, you are cutting it close to the application deadline. File it today if possible. BTW - I don’t think you need to write any more essays other than personal statement.</p>

<p>If you don’t get in then those of us in FF county need to get together to get things changed at our state schools.</p>

<p>Their deadline was the 15th.</p>

<p>@volleyballlover, this link says that the deadline for freshmen entering in the fall is January 17th
[Dates</a> and Deadlines | Applying as a Freshman](<a href=“http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/freshman/dates_deadlines.php]Dates”>http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/freshman/dates_deadlines.php)</p>

<p>Yeah I already submitted my app on the 15th. Thanks for the assurances about getting in :)</p>