Do SAT II scores matter? Another question as well

<p>I did quite bad on my SAT II’s…well I guess not superbad but I did not do well. I thought I did well in US Hist., but I only got a 600, and then I got a 580 in literature. Do UC’s look at this a lot? I got a 1860 on the regular SAT and am retaking the reg. SAT in October probably. </p>

<p>Another question…I only got a 23 on the ACT…can the SAT outweigh that cuz I really dont want to have to take the ACT again. I really want to go into UCI or UCSD. I have a 3.9 UC GPA. I want to get a 2000 on the normal SAT. What do you guys think?</p>

<p>I don't know much about the ACT, but...</p>

<p>I can guarantee you that they look at the SAT 1 more than the SAT 2. In fact, I haven't found any statistical data on how students perform vs where they get in.</p>

<p>In short: UCI >> safety/match (safety if you do get above 2000 on SAT); UCSD >> slight reach (match if you get 2000 on SAT).</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>I got into UCI with an 1800 on the SAT and a 480 on the Lit and a 720 on the US History. I'm sure they look at them, but I doubt they will make or break your chances of getting in.</p>

<p>It probably won't matter for UCI that much because your SAT is strong, but if you have doubts about UCSD, here's their point formula:
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/kisasong/UCSDComprehensive.htm%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.geocities.com/kisasong/UCSDComprehensive.htm&lt;/a>
I think this year's cut off point was 7500something, so be prepared for 7600 or so for next year.</p>

<p>SAT IIs don't matter that much, in my opinion...and if you submit your SAT I score you don't need to submit your ACT score so don't worry about that.</p>

<p>You submit both your SAT and ACT scores, but they'll choose the higher one. I think its worth a shot to retake your SAT IIs, because an extra 50 points on both of those tests could easily make the difference between admission and rejection from some place like UCSD.</p>

<p>nschuchert- what was your UC gpa?</p>

<p>3.7 Uc Gpa.......</p>

<p>In UCSD's admission process SAT II carries as much weight as the regular SAT.</p>