Do UC Colleges give out any financial aid to non-California residents?

<p>So, I understand that California residents have more of an advantage of getting into UC Colleges, but I’m from Nashville, TN…with the scores and essays, do I have a chance? I know the answer varies, but in general, are non-California residents at a disadvantage? Also, if I were to be accepted, will UC give me any financial help?</p>

<p>UC’s require a higher GPA for eligiblity for OOS students and do give preference to in-state students, but if you have the Stats, you have a good chance for acceptance as an OOS student. What you will not get will be any financial aid. Unless you have stellar stats, you may be eligible for a regent scholarship which can total anywhere from $2500-$10K depending upon the UC. Other than that you will pretty much need to pay for the $55K/year tution/room/board on your own.</p>

<p>@Gumbymom‌ do you happen to know much about USC or Pepperdine?</p>

<p>What’s the point of having higher OOS tuition if they’re going to hand out FA to OOS?</p>

<p>@GMTplus7‌ i think the student has to be super exceptional in order to get any money</p>

<p>Not much merit aid at those schools.</p>

<p>As stated above by several posters, you need to have exceptional Stats to get a generous amount of FA. USC does give 1/2 tuition but that is still a drop in the bucket when their price tag is $65K. You need to go to the website for each school of interest and run the Net Price Calculators to see where you stand. California schools are not known for giving much aid unless you are in-state. Your best bet is always your home state. There are some threads on CC which will give you some leads on large merit aid schools and full tuition schools. Check them out under the Financial aid and scholarships tab. Good luck.</p>

<p>recruited D1 Athletes are about the only OOS applicants to get $ from UCs .</p>