Do you think that I could accepted in those Universities?

<p>Hi I'm currently a sophomore right now and I was looking in to the future, my brother attends to Rice which is number 17 in the nation he really worked hard but I'm not like him actually I had difficulties with the language since we came from Mexico but he had more preparation than I did this is my second year speaking and writing in english and right now I have a gpa of 2.8 and a class rank of 132/140, have so far 250 community hours, vice captain of Solar Car and member of operations in National Hispanic Institute, Winner of regionals of National hispanic institute as oratory, finalist in State and selected for nationals, participant at nationals and finalist, took ap classes such as spanish and passed exam with a 5, took psychology and going to have the ap exam, I had been taking all my classes Pre-ap but I failed one in freshman year. That was my freshman and sophomore year. I'm in a school called Science Academy of South Texas which is a magnet school is really competitive and hard is basically for engineers and I really want to go to Boston University, Houston University, Rice University, RIT Rochester Institute of Technology, Ut Austin or A&M. I did the ACT today is the first time that I took it and I was confused in the science part, but hopefully I'll be better.
I'm looking in to the future to still going to summer programs in NHI (National hispanic Institute), complete the solar car and go to the race, be part of staff of year book, still as part of the region of NHI and maybe be Director of the region, have a maximum thru a 30 on the act take next year as a junior calculus AB, Physics B Ap, English AP, US history AP, More engineering classes and pass the ap's. senior year; Calculus BC, English AP, Economics AP, Government AP, Spanish Literature AP, Environment Science AP, Physics C AP, Sociology, still as staff on those programs, create a new thing. and who knows maybe create something for my EDD presentation (Engineering Design Development) in where you have to create something that has to be able to solve a problem in the community.
And I has been planing stuff! so if you think about something that you think is a problem and you wish there were something that could most likely help you in your daily life, feel free to post it :p well, straight to my point.. </p>

<p>Do you think I could get accepted to any of these universities?. btw I'm Mexican.. lol</p>

<p>My expectations
ACT - 28-30
AP Classes taken 15
AP Exams taken 10
Engineering Classes taken 5
Engineering College Exam taken 5
passed 4</p>

<p>Extra Curricular
Community Hours- 700-800
Captain-Vice Captain-Reporter of Solar Car
Operations-Director of Operations of the Region NHI
Judge and winner of nationals NHI
Worked in summer
Staff of year book
Captain of Junior Engineering Technological Society
Debate Club
Astronomy Club
Robotics Club
Staff of PASF Club
MAKE A BIG PROTOTYPE FOR EDD</p>

<p>Rice University-A&M-UT AUSTIN-HOUSTON UNIVERSITY- RIT(Rochester Institute of Technology)- Brown University-Boston University-Maryland University.</p>

<p>please help me out what should I do? and do you know any common topics that are in the admission essay so I can practice? thank you!</p>

<p>I want to be an engineer!</p>

<p>Honestly, your GPA/class rank is a killer. At this point, I don’t think any of the schools will accept you. </p>

<p>You may want to go to a community college for a couple of years to build up your GPA, then transfer to a 4 year school.</p>

<p>I don’t believe any of this.
A 2.8 student ranked almost last out of his class did all of those ECs?
No way.</p>

<p>@RoysGoin2College–</p>

<p>Thinking about it, you are most likely right. The OP is a ■■■■■.</p>

<p>First of all, you should keep believing in yourself and working hard to achieve your goals no matter what anyone says are your “chances.” It sounds like you have struggles primarily because of your unfamiliarity with the language. I applaud you for taking many higher level classes and persevering; it will pay off! Ask your guidance counselor about resources for practicing admission essays and find an English teacher who would be willing to work with you. I will tell you this: a very effective essay for a college application would be the story of your journey from struggling in school to achievement and excellence. Colleges are looking for students who are motivated self-starters. So keep up the good work and good luck!</p>

<p>You are all forgetting that this is someone operating in a foreign (to him) language. What would your GPA be if you were suddenly dropped in Mexico? Your grades would not necessarily reflect your intellect or potential.</p>

<p>Yes I know my GPA and class rank are low but the thing is that the school that i go to is not a homeschool, is a magnet school that is not considered easy at all, but I’ll keep working on my GPA so hopefully I’ll have a 3.1 by the end of my junior year.</p>

<p>My advice for you is to cut back on your ECs. In the grand scheme of things most of them won’t mean much. It would be better to use the time to boost your GPA/class rank AND to work on improving language.</p>

<p>Good luck</p>

<p>Hi CesarAlberto,
If it serves you at all, take me as an example: I’m also an immigrant like you. I just got accepted to Columbia University School of General Studies–one of the Nation’s top schools. I didn’t even attend Highschool in The US. My advice to you: Keep up the good work, focus on your weaknesses(your GPA) and don’t forget to follow your “Personal Legend” whatever it takes.</p>