Does financial need have an impact on admission?

<p>Okay, so I just completed my FAFSA and, lets just say, I am defintely not qualified for any federal grants (crossing my fingers for Cal Grant). </p>

<p>Does my (parents) ability to pay for college have any impact on my admission desicion?
UCs are NOT need-blind. </p>

<p>My parents can’t help me with my college expenses, even though the FAFSA says they can =(. Without any federal or state grants, I dont know what I am going to do. Plus, I have grad school to worry about. </p>

<p>Could I still be qualified for Blue+Gold? They make around $25,000 per year but they have almost half a million in assets. </p>

<p>Any help/comment is greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>At most schools, yes. Have a look at [Need-blind</a> admission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia](<a href=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need-blind_admission]Need-blind”>Need-blind admission - Wikipedia).</p>

<p>Most schools are need-aware. Some schools are need-aware and meet full need (as computed by the school using one of available standard formulas or their own), which usually means that they admit need-blind until the aid budget is depleted, after which they admit only full-pay applicants. A few schools are need-blind but don’t meet full need. Most private schools are need-aware and don’t meet full need. :(</p>