Does major matter for UCs?

I’m applying for biology in the college of letters and sciences for UCB, UCLA, and UCSB. will my major affect my chances at all into getting into these schools?
The same goes for UC Davis, UCSD, and UC Irvine, except i’m applying for biology in the college of biology for these schools. will my major affect my chances at these schools???

The College of Letters and Sciences at UCB/UCLA and UCSB do not admit by major, so it will not matter.

UCD admits directly into the College of Biological Sciences, so it will matter.

UCSD and UCI admit into the University first and then into the major. Biology is capped at UCSD, so you should apply with a non-capped alternate major or you could end up as Undeclared and switching to Biology could be difficult. Biology is impacted at UCI, so again select an alternate major or you could end up as Undeclared.

Switching majors at UCI is not as difficult at UCSD, but you still need to meet a GPA minimum for required courses.

OK TY. Also, i heard that i should choose an alternate major that is completely different from my main major, like psychology, business, or english. Should I do this or should my alternate still be related to my main major?

^ @Gumbymom

For UCSD, select an non-capped major so none of these:
Majors with capped status – for all students:
Biological Sciences
Economics
Mathematics
Physics
Public Health
Jacobs School of Engineering – all majors in these departments:
Bioengineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
NanoEngineering
Structural Engineering

For the rest of the schools, pick another area of study you want to pursue for the next 4 years or Undeclared if you do not like any other options.

I picked Undeclared- Life Sciences as my alternate major to Biology. Eventually, undeclared majors have to declare a major, and I am not interested in a random major (English or Art or something) at the moment.