Does taking the December ACT for UCs affect admission chances?

Hey, I took my ACT in October, but in hopes of a better score, I want to take it in December as well.
The reason I’m stuck is because a couple people have told me that since I’m taking the December ACT, the admissions officers will push my application back, making it a disadvantage for me. They said that as they would’ve already gone through plenty applications, there would be more scrutiny towards mine due to delayed review as they would be less impressed.
Please let me know what I should do.
Thanks

Are these people admissions officers or are they clueless high school students? It sounds like the latter.

Taking a December test, assuming the college accepts December scores, will not harm your application.

The UC’s do take the December SAT sitting and they will not specifically push back in reviewing your application but they will wait until all required documents are received before reviewing your application.

From the UC website:

[quote]
Freshman applicants must arrange to have official score reports sent to us. If you plan to take an exam in December of your last year of high school, indicate the planned test date on your admission application.

Haha, you’re right they were highschool students! The only thing that made me uneasy was Ms. Sun’s blog where she said an admission officer told her that the application gets pushed back.
Thanks for your reply, however!
Makes me feel much better

Great, thanks so much