Does tamu have a fun night life?

<p>I know college isn't about parties, but I don't want to go to a boring college as well. I am hoping to join a frat when I go to college and I was wondering how the night life was like in college station</p>

<p>The Corps of Cadets is really fun!</p>

<p>Good lord, please do not join the Corps if you want to have fun.</p>

<p>Greek life isn’t huge at A&M compared to alot of southern schools, but there are quite a few frats. If you want to go greek there is a good size community. A&M is a big school, night life will not be a problem. Northgate is popping Thursday through Saturday and finding house parties is no problem. </p>

<p>Yeah, there are frats here, but they’re not that big. And if you want to party or what not after classes, just go to Northgate.</p>

<p>Theres plenty of cold drinks and beautiful women in College Station. Learn to Two Step (if you dont know how already) and head over to Northgate </p>

<p>College Station has a large variety of restaurants and bars like any other similarly sized town.</p>

<p>There’s Northgate right off campus and across University Drive. Standard stuff like Starbucks, Freebirds, Schlotsky’s, etc, in a strip facing the campus, plus a variety of bars and other dining establishments right there. You won’t need a car to get to this area. It’s literally across the street from the north side of campus. There are plenty of places to gather for a beer, music, or sports on tv.</p>

<p>And then the rest of the town has a huge variety of places to hang out. There’s the standard fare that you can find in just about any town – Chili’s, Coldstone Creamery, Jason’s Deli, BJ’s Brewery, Panera Bread, McAlister’s, Starbucks, Cheddar’s, Cane’s, all the fast foods you can think of – plus more local places like Layne’s, Fuego, Sweet Eugene’s, and Grub Bar – and a variety of bars. It’s got a big movie theater with great prices for college kids.</p>

<p>My son, his girlfriend (also an aggie), and I are always bewildered with people (who don’t go to A&M) who put College Station down. It’s a very nice town with all the amenities of a typical suburb, in our opinions. Okay – it doesn’t have the best mall or all the best shopping. No Apple Store and no Banana Republic, we’ve happened to notice. I suppose that’s because college kids don’t shop much, and it is a college town. But neither of us has missed the shopping experience at all. Who cares? It has all the other establishments you might hope to find in a mid-sized suburb.</p>

<p>The MSC (student center) is very nice! Gorgeous building inside and out with lots of separate and very comfortable seating areas. The TAMU Student Rec Center is fantastic! My son heads over there just about every day or evening with his friends to workout. It’s a pretty hoppin’ place with lots of different options for working out. </p>

<p>My son has not been interested in joining a frat, so I can’t knowledgeably comment on that. And I’m not sure what your idea of nightlife is – maybe bars and drinking and getting together to listen to music or watch sports? There are plenty of options for that. Places to grab a bite to eat together? Endless options. Working out with friends? The Rec Center couldn’t be better. Watching live sports? There’s almost always something going on somewhere with a campus of that size! (I won’t bother to more-than-mention the performing arts, because I’m pretty sure that’s not what you meant by “nightlife,” but there’s that, too! ) :)</p>

<p>My son and his girlfriend would never call College Station boring. They have a really great time there! They aren’t big partiers, but they go out frequently with friends and they often have a drink or two while they’re out. My son and his friends have a few favorite establishments for watching sports on tv over a beer or two and bar food. They workout together at the rec center while socializing. They go out to eat as a group fairly often.</p>

<p>I would say that TAMU is not boring at all!</p>

<p>This has to be the best answer! Thank you so much for putting the time in and the details. I enjoy bars and sports and was hoping to get answer like this. Thank you!</p>

<p>Great. You’re welcome! :)</p>