Does the Common App School Report include official transcripts? Or do I still have to submit through Parchment?

Does the Common App School Report include official transcripts? Or do I still have to submit through Parchment?

If you are a HS senior, your HS counselor should be sending official transcripts to the colleges you have applied to. Most HSs have a transcript request form you have to fill out so your GC/counseling dept knows what schools to send it to. They should also send updated mid-year transcripts.

We don’t have a transcript request form. Does assigning my counselor on Common App give them a notification to do so?

Probably but I would communicate with your counselor to be sure.

If I recall from last year, the counselor is for recommendations. So they’ll be notified to do a recommendation. As you add schools, that recommendation will route to the school but once the counselor completes it, they are done on common app (I believe).

But your transcript is not ordered via common app. That is ordered through the counselor or a third party app/form that your school uses.

We ordered all ours via that system - and the 3rd party the school works with - sent them as we ordered them. So after grades post, you can send them to schools that require mid year - which should show in each school’s profile in common app who requires or are the individual school portals that show you your status. If they require mid-year, it will show that - and an incomplete until you send in your transcript.

1 Like

This isn’t how it works everywhere. Our school uses Parchment and we request them to be sent through there. The guidance counselor doesn’t directly send them.

Our school uses Parchment as well. They sent the link out this week. Do we request now? Or later in the year?