Donating unused meals

<p>Robotbldmom got this started so I don’t want to steal her thunder. However I just heard back from the office with an OK about donating unused dining plan meals and wanted to share.</p>

<p>If you’d like to donate unused dining plan meals (both regular and guest) please email
Kristina Hopton-Jones <a href=“mailto:khjones@fa.ua.edu”>khjones@fa.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>I was able to donate all 192 regular meals and 20 guest meals from my D :slight_smile:
Makes me feel much better about not being able to downgrade in December!</p>

<p>Thanks Robotbldmom and RobD for getting this going! I am happy to report that our D’s 79 meals have also been donated. RTR!</p>

<p>Fantastic! Thanks for posting this!</p>

<p>Saw this on FB - emailed to donate DSs 136 meals - make me feel 100% better about all that money down the tubes!
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thank You everyone, ours are donated also. Just happy to be able to think of something to do from here. It is such a small effort in the scheme of things.</p>

<p>When we helped son move out on Sat., we went to eat at Lakeside to use some of his guest meals. Our son said that Bama Dining had not been charging for meals. Sure enough, we were able to eat lunch there and took dinner to-go for free. Other parents helping to move out their children were dining there as well, gratis. The dining staff was just not swiping ACT cards.</p>

<p>Thank you for the info. about the unused meals donation. We wll do that as well.</p>

<p>Got this response -
Right now we are feeding all students, faculty and staff free at Lakeside.</p>

<p>I just sent an e-mail to donate my 6 remaining meals and mentioned that I thought that it was a great idea to make Lakeside free for students, faculty, and staff for the last 1.5 weeks of the school year.</p>

<p>Told my son about donating his unused meals. He and one of his suite mates will send those e-mails later tonight.</p>

<p>The Crimson White just tweeted that Bama Dining has confirmed that students cannot donate their meals by emailing the address in the OP. So you guys might want to figure out what happened to your extra meals.</p>

<p>Feeno: Daughter and Son just told me the same thing?? What’s up with that?</p>

<p>I went to the website to donate a meal like I did last semester. It hasn’t shown up yet, but hopefully at least one of son’s guest meals will get donated.</p>

<p>Interesting. Just double checked the email response and it says “I will be happy to add the meals to the donation program.”</p>

<p>Guess I’ll go check the CW now…</p>

<p>Hi All! The Crimson White is saying that “UA spokesperson confirms that UA students cannot donate their remaining meal plans by emailing <a href=“mailto:khjones@fa.ua.edu”>khjones@fa.ua.edu</a>” I’ve just replied to the email I received saying we could asking what other avenues there are. I’ll let y’all know what I hear.</p>

<p>Certainly don’t want to spread bad information. I know things are a little confusing on campus right now, so hopefully if things weren’t set up correctly today, they’ll have a way to donate tomorrow.</p>

<p>As I said, my email response was
Right now we are feeding all students, faculty and staff free at Lakeside.
so guess donated meals are not needed.</p>