Dorm Housing at the Brand-New East Edge Apartments

<p>so those in building 1,2,3 are basically SOL?</p>

<p>Still no deodorant and clean clothes. Trust me, we need them.</p>

<p>Ok. So I am serious about this. Now they say se might can move in because they are training staff to stand outside the buildings all night as human fire alarms. I kid you not</p>

<p>Many/most of the students leased directly from East Edge, is that right?</p>

<p>The title of this thread wrongly suggests that this is a Bama dorm hall. It’s not. It’s a private apt complex with many/most of the students privately leasing thru that company. Bama’s involvement is limited to the kids (again, likely some NMF kids) who opted to lease thru the school. </p>

<p>Are the students who leased thru Bama (probably mostly NMF kids) mostly all in the same bldg? If so, which one? </p>

<p>I’m guessing that Bama will move the kids that they’re responsible for into The Bluff or similar if this isn’t resolved in time. Bama will likely help those who privately leased, but the school isn’t really responsible for those kids. Am I correct?</p>

<p>So sorry to hear of the East Edge problems…I’m sure it will be a great complex when up and running but just to close to the deadline of getting things done…makes me wonder is the Presidential dorm on campus dealing with the same issues?</p>

<p>I will take pictures of our fire alarm to prove it</p>

<p>Still no deodorant and clean clothes. Trust me, we need them.</p>

<p>Do you have a hotel for yourself or were you planning on driving home tonight? </p>

<p>I’m guessing that a number of parents already had hotel rooms booked for tonight for themselves to stay in after they moved their kids in…unless they live within a few hours drive.</p>

<p>…makes me wonder is the Presidential dorm on campus dealing with the same issues?</p>

<p>I doubt it. </p>

<p>Bama had nothing to do with this build. This isn’t a Bama property. The problem with this thread’s title is that some are thinking that this is a Bama dorm. This is an apt that is privately owned. Many/most of the students have privately leased with this complex.</p>

<p>mom2collegekids: </p>

<p>Regarding your previous question: Are the students who leased thru Bama (probably mostly NMF kids) mostly all in the same bldg? If so, which one?</p>

<p>I am a NMF living in building two. I was originally in building three but was switched by housing into my current assignment. Moving in on 19th.</p>

<p>Our personal guard is a UA policeman named Lawrence. he is very nice.</p>

<p>There are some students who leased through UA. Most are likely on scholarship of some sort which includes housing. They are not all in the same building. I am not sue if building 1 or 2 can move in or not but it will be quite a while before anyone can live in 3 since it is far from finished. You can’t see what we can see here If you look online.</p>

<p>The only responsibility I see for the UA is that I feel if they offered this option to students through Housing they should have followed up before today to be sure the student housing was available. The responsibility rests with the complex which is not owned by the UA. This is a lesson in honesty and responsibility to inform and those involved learned a difficult lesson and are now stepping up. There were some role who behaved badly today and that benefitted no one. I was as upset as anyone by how it was handled,but it doesn’t help to be a behave that way.</p>

<p>Tomorrow is another day!</p>

<p>They told us to get a room earlier which we did and they are providing them to those who want them still. I was and will be staying in the apartment tonight as we had planned. They are actually very nice…just need some things taken care of to be complete. I think everyone will eventually be happy.</p>

<p>UA housing sent an email to my son this morning saying that those scheduled to move in yesterday could now do so and that students arriving this weekend would also be able to move in as planned. The email didn’t distinguish between buildings but it is my understanding that the UA housing students are all in buildings 1 & 2. I wouldn’t assume the email applied to students in building 3.</p>

<p>good luck getting in to your apartments today, everyone!</p>

<p>So does that mean that they have finally passed inspeciton on all buildings except building 3? My son is scheduled to move in Saturday at 8 am in building 1. Really hope all this mess is cleared up before then. I also hate that so many had to go through all that they did yesterday.</p>

<p>Here is the latest from East Edge’s facebook page:</p>

<p>"Just a reminder of today’s schedule:</p>

<p>Building 4 - 10 AM or later</p>

<p>Building 2 - 11 AM or later</p>

<p>Building 1 - Noon or later"</p>

<p>Good morning everyone!</p>

<p>What a difference a day makes. Things are beginning to settle down here as they continue to work toward resolving the issues from yesterday. We were able to occupy the building last night with safety modifications (human fire spotters). The issue seemed to be in part tied to the fire alarm/sprinkler system and was not able to be resolved by taking building 3 out of the loop. There was also an issue with some construction materials or something surrounding the buildings. With modifications, we were able to get in and residents are coming and going freely now.</p>

<p>As for my daughter, her apartment is really taking shape in building 4. With a heavy dose of cleaning and the cooperation of property management, the issues we faced yesterday are nearly all resolved or are in the process of being resolved. My sincere appreciation to the management team.</p>

<p>This property is really nice and the residents will enjoy it tremendously. The units are gorgeous and extremely spacious. They have excellent floor plans and the location cannot be beaten.</p>

<p>Good luck to all who will be moving in. I think the issues yesterday were actually a good team building exercise for both residents and management. :)</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the support yesterday! :)</p>

<p>bamagirls, My son and a roommate moved in last night very late. He called at 11:30 to say that the place was nice but not much else. I think he is exhausted. I hope today is better and I encouraged him that if things were not right to speak to management.</p>

<p>Thanks again for all your updates yesterday.</p>

<p>Glad to hear things are going better for everyone today. </p>

<p>Because UA Housing had everyone sign-up for scheduled move-in times on Sunday, I am wondering if it will be organized like the on-campus dorms with people there to help move all the stuff from the cars to the rooms, or if we will be on our own to move stuff in. Since son is on the first floor (I think), I am hoping they just allow us to park at our scheduled time and move everything in on our own.</p>

<p>Randomparent,</p>

<p>Yes, he will pick up his key in the clubhouse and then you park wherever and move in on your own.</p>

<p>Hokiefan,</p>

<p>I’m sure he is exhausted…we certainly were. It was a long day yesterday. The property is fantastic! It’s very spacious and convenient with the gym, pool, computer lab, and clubhouse. We love the location, too. Although things didn’t go as smoothly as they should have yesterday, we are extremely pleased to have our daughter at East Edge. I think the students will love it! :)</p>

<p>bamagirls,
Thanks for the further updates and information. Looking forward to seeing East Edge in a few days.</p>