Dorms at Stevens...The good, the bad and the ugly ?

My son and I were discussing dorm choices for Stevens in the fall. I would love to hear opinions about different dorms. How important is air-conditioning, location and cammon bathrooms versus in room bathrooms. All opinions and info is appreciated. ???

CPH is the best freshman dorm in my opinion. They have private bathrooms. However, for socialization I think that Davis was more fun because the kids were always in the hallways and shared bathrooms. Room are all pretty small and dated.

I’ve been on two tours. Once with S17 and once with S19. They wouldn’t show us dorms on either tour.

I found that strange.

Following this thread . . . keep in mind, there is a price difference depending on the dorm selected. I found that information on the Stevens website.
On our general tour during Winter Break, we walked through the Davis building, but didn’t get to see a dorm room, maybe because school was not in sessio.
For the athletic tour, we saw a Davis room and a River Terrace room. The latter being more like a suite with a kitchen, private bathroom, living area. It was nice, but more expensive!

Just an FYI…my son is there now. The price for freshman dorms is a lot cheaper than off campus housing. In junior year, we were told he had to move to off campus because they didn’t have upper classman housing on campus. This raised our cost from about 9K to almost 16K without food. Just be prepared for the cost jump!

Of all the dorms, how would you rate the dorms for priority selection for a freshman starting in September? There seems to be several aspects to consider. Private bathroom, number of roommates, study area in dorms, distance to academic buildings, cost, anything else? Which dorm would you suggest if doubled was preferred and shared bathroom was not an issue?

The dorms at Stevens are fairly standard. You get everything you need for your room and you can arrange it however you like. At this point all dorms on campus are for freshman because Stevens has increased enrollment. I lived in CPH and I liked it although it is the farthest dorm from the academic part of campus. In my opinion, I would say Jonas and CPH are the best because they have private bathrooms. Davis was just renovated, however there will be construction next to it for the next few years. All the dorms have AC as well so that isn’t something you have to factor in when picking one dorm over another. All info about dorms are on Stevens website. Also to address the comment about not getting to see dorms on a tour- housing on campus is limited so there are no “show room” dorms like other schools have. We are dependent on current residents allowing us to come in to their rooms. So if they’re not there, then tour guides can’t show the room.