Dr. Witt wants to take enrollment to 35,000

<p>I also hesitate to get into this … as merely the parent of a prospie with no more ties to Bama than that. But I’m going to agree with AL34 on this. AL34 said it more eloquently than I could have, and shared my exact sentiment, and so I’ll repeat AL34’s words: “…if we are not allowed to have any negative opinions on UA here then the thread has lost its’ purpose. To revel in the struggles of a student in finding his place immediately struck me as cruel, which I know could not have been the intention. Have to remember that behind every post here there is a person, a son, a friend… whatever. ABR - I wish you great success in finding what works for you.”</p>

<p>All people should be able to get on CC and voice their opinions. It is up to each individual reader to decide whether those opinions are “reasonable and valid criticism,” and the fact that parents would get on here and attempt to humiliate a prior student and still-young-person by publicly questioning their “motivation and history” suprises and disappoints me. </p>

<p>In fact, those sorts of responses from parents speak more poorly about the state of affairs than anything ABR said here. ABR was simply stating his opinion. I see nothing wrong with that. There IS something wrong with trying to “out” somebody on the internet in a way that resembles, to me, cyber-bullying. Talk about credibility issues …</p>

<p>

I believe the poor misunderstood student “outed” him/herself on this site. Seems to me if you don’t want this knowledge “shared” then perhaps you shouldn’t post it publicly on the same site.</p>

<p>I personally appreciate the input from M2CK. As a parent I am reading these boards with great interest trying to understand if a school is a good fit for my son. I don’t have an intimate understanding of each college so when someone posts something negative about a school I want to understand if it’s a valid point. Understanding the background of a poster helps me form my decision on if they are offering a valid point or if they are just a disgruntled troublemaker. M2CKs input on this poster helps me differentiate the two.</p>

<p>Seriously, to attack a person just because he or she does not tow the party line shows an unfathomable lack of maturity, especially from so-called authority figures such as parents.</p>

<p>This is a UA forum first…a thread I would ask a moderator to close, if we only had mods.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I admit, this is true. I have spent some time at Vanderbilt, but that is a small private school. However, I don’t think pointing to situations worse than ours is acceptable enough. We should strive to work for what is best for us.</p>