Dress Clothes Needed for Guys??

<p>I have two feet of my share of usable closet hanging space...so, not a lot. My mom thinks I should take a set of dress clothes and a set of "smart casual" clothes. I'm from out of state and will be flying to Purdue.</p>

<p>Her list includes:
Dressy:
Sports Coat
Gray Dress Slacks
Dress Shirt
Tie, Belt
Dress Shoes</p>

<p>Smart Casual:
Dockers Khakis
White Dress Shirt (can be worn with gray slacks too)
Belt
Topsiders</p>

<p>Is any of this necessary, especially the dressy stuff? Will I need any of it for first-year engineering or activities? I'm open to suggestions from those who have already completed a year. Thanks.</p>

<p>There are always job fairs every year at Purdue. So it is a good idea to bring a nicer and more formal set of clothes for things like that or any other event (some require dress attire to attend). Also, some fraternities require pledges to wear more formal attire, including a tie, for meetings (same with some sororities), that is, if you are interested in rushing. </p>

<p>I would bring both the dressy and the smart casual. You never know what opportunity could come up where you will need nice or more formal attire; I recommend everyone bring a formal set of clothes, guys and girls.</p>

<p>dixie03, mentioned job fairs and fraternities which are the main reasons for having those kinds of clothes. You never know if you will be going on a formal dinner too during the school year so that helps. Having a pair of black dress pants always helps especially if you want to get a dress coat with it too.</p>