Drexel University Early Action Decisions

Daughter accepted to college of computers and informatics. No info on merit. Very excited.

1 Like

wonder whats their plan for merit information, last year it was part of the announcement of acceptance

1 Like

[quote=“Jens1, post:41, topic:3622685, full:true”]
Son accepted to College of Computing & Informatics. No info on merit or aid.

GPA: 3.2UW / 5.6W (of 8)
SAT: 1360 super / 1340 best
Classes: 11/9/7 H/AP/DE

• Math: Alg1 (7th grade), Geom (8th), Alg 2 (9th), Calc 1 (10th), Calc 2/AP Calc BC (11th), Financial Literacy 11th, Calc 3 /Multivariable Calc (12th), AP Statistics
  • Science: Biology H (9th), Chem H/DE (10th), AP Physics 1(11), AP Physics C: Mechanics (12th), AP Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism (12th)
  • Stem: AP Comp Sci A (DE), AP Comp Sci PR (DE), Robotics, Engineering, Computer Graphics, Apex Technologies

Resume: 3 jobs paid, 1 unpaid internship
ECs: Starting Varsity Wrestler as Freshman, Comp Sci Club, Future Engineers, 4th Division World Robotics Championship, Robotics State Semifinalist, Standord U AI Camp multiple sessions

Merit info is updated now

1 Like

yep, we see it too. 10k per year for my son

Was it under the Financial Aid and Scholarships tab?

yes, just updated a couple of mins back

1 Like

Yep, turns out they updated it fairly recently! Not sure if this is because I am a PA resident within 100 miles of Drexel, but I got the Dean’s scholarship and the Drexel grant which cut the price in half!

What is the AJ Drexel Scholarship? that’s what my son got plus the Drexel grant.

2 Likes

got Deans scholarship also!

Got the A. J. Drexel Scholarship.

Is the AJ Drexel scholarship same as the Deans Scholarship?

Daughter got admitted to the Nursing Program, got into the honors program, and merit and grants total 47k, so COA is looking like 30k for now.

Do students get merit for being in the honors program?

My daughter accepted and got Founder’s scholarship and Grant.

1 Like

But looks like the scholarship is only for the first year.

I thought the scholarships are annual, meaning every year?

I thought that way too. until I read this in their terms and conditions - as stated below

“Financial aid information is listed for only the academic year indicated. Please check renewability requirements to determine what steps are needed in order to remain eligible or re-apply for financial aid for future years.
Domestic Students should file a renewal FAFSA for every year they will attend Drexel. Students should not file a new CSS Profile after their first year at Drexel.”

2 Likes

Thank you! I need to ask my son to print out his award letter for me so I can take a closer look. I appreciate your pointing this out! So it sounds like the awards for the same amount can be renewed each year? I understand needing to refile FAFSA every year…

My understanding is that they may renew the award based on FAFSA and CSS every year. but nothing is set in stone…

2 Likes