Early Action Decision Results Thread Class of 2016

<p>Just copy my format, or if there's a better one post that!</p>

<p>Decision: ACCEPTED</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<pre><code>SAT I (by section): 2010 CR: 670 M: 630 W: 710
SAT IIs: 550 on Math 1, 610 on World History
ACT: None
APs: AP Environmental (3) AP World History (3) AP Literature (4) AP U.S. History (4)
IBs: None
GPA: 3.4 unweighted/4.0 weighted
Other stats:
</code></pre>

<p>Subjective:</p>

<pre><code>ECs listed on app: French Club, School Newspaper, Dance Company, BuildOn (community service program)
Job/Work Experience: 1 year at a restaurant, 1 year in 2 retail jobs
Essays: good!
Teacher Recs: Pretty Good
Counselor Rec: great
Applied on: right before the deadline
State or Country: New York
School Type, Average Stats of School (if available):
Ethnicity: White
</code></pre>

<p>General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations/Scholarships,etc: $16,000 Bell Ringer Scholarship, grand total of $64,000! Congratulations everyone!</p>

<p>Congrads everyone!</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted!!</p>

<p>Sat: 2020
Sat ll: math 1: 710
GPA: 3.8 (unweighed)</p>

<p>$16,000 Bell Ringer Scholarship, total of $64,000!</p>

<p>Congrats, you guys! </p>

<p>Accepted with a 12k renewable Presidential Scholarship </p>

<p>SAT: 2050 (750 CR, 580 M, 720 W)
ACT: 30 (35 R, 26 S, 26 M, 34 W)
GPA: 3.65 UW</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>SAT I (by section): 2100 CR: 800 M: 580 W: 720
SAT IIs: 800 on Lit, 750 on US History
ACT: Didn’t send (30)
APs: APUSH (5) AP Literature (5)
GPA: 3.4-3.5 unweighted/3.76 weighted

<p>Subjective:</p>

<p>ECs listed on app: Some music clubs, orchestra, social justice, animal rights
Job/Work Experience: library, manual labor
Essays: good!
Teacher Recs: Good
Counselor Rec: probably decent
Applied on: right before the deadline
School Type, Average Stats of School (if available): decent public
Ethnicity: White

<p>General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations/Scholarships,etc: $12,000 Presidential, grand total of $48,000! Looking good depending on if I get into Bard/financial aid!</p>

<p>Edit: @lalala416: I just realized how similar our stats look on paper. Weird.</p>

<p>Accepted EA, 30K scholarship!</p>

<p>SAT: 1740
GPA: 3.4</p>

<p>We do look similar on paper, turntabler! Although you really showed me who’s boss on the Critical Reading section of the SAT. :P</p>

<p>As a Hampshire parent, I am jealous of all you applicants w/ Bell Ringer scholarships! Our son got a Non Satis Scire scholarship and our daughter got a Deans scholarship, both substantially less than the Bell Ringer (which I had never heard of until this year).</p>

<p>SAT: 2160 780 CR 650 M 730 W
GPA: 2.6 (lol)</p>

<p>Accepted with 10k/year</p>

<p>Accepted with Bell Ringer Scholarship (16k/year)
International Student</p>

<p>SAT: 2130
GPA:3.75 (unweighted)
Strong ECs with emphasis on Music, philosophy and journalism.</p>

<p>Congratulations to everyone!!</p>

<p>As a Hampshire parent, I too am impressed with you Bellringer Scholarship winners. Not sure what kind of merit scholarship my D got- it was the 2nd or 3rd level according to her (and pretty good in light of Hampshire’s limited endowment). Congrats to all.</p>

<p>From Beijing, CHINA!</p>

<p>Received Presidential Scholarship.</p>

<p>So excited as Hampshire is one of my top choices.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all others who got in!</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!
GPA: 3.89 uw, 4.56 w
SAT: 1920 </p>

<p>Received $12,000 per year!</p>

<p>I’d love to connect with some of the other parents of the Class of 2016. My daughter just finalized her decision to attend, and we are thrilled! She, too, received a Presidential Scholarship, $12K over four years.</p>

<p>Congratulations to the new class!</p>

<p>Do you know about the Hampshire College Family Blog?</p>

<p><a href=“http://blog.hampshire.edu/family/[/url]”>http://blog.hampshire.edu/family/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>This is one place that Hampshire families exchange information.</p>

<p>As someone heading toward year #7 as a Hampshire parent, congratulations! And no, I don’t have a particularly slow student, I have two kids, with a one-year overlap.</p>

<p>Al F.</p>

<p>I can second the recommendation for the Hampshire Family blog- especially the series they did last summer (and likely to repeat this summer) where each entry addressed areas of interest: banking/money handling, dorm rooms (with pics), transportation options for home and local. It was very helpful. Good luck to all the incoming students and their faimilies. My D is finishing up her first year and knows she made the right choice for her in going to Hampshire.</p>

<p>For new students, there is also [the</a> newtohamp blog. | good things from the office of new student programs](<a href=“http://blog.hampshire.edu/newtohamp/]the”>Web Login Service)</p>

<p>Great, thank you!</p>