Early Decision Application Advice?

Hi Everyone! I have a difficult, last-minute decision to make about applying to Virginia Tech, my first choice school. I plan on applying as a general engineering major and later plan on going into Computer Science. My difficult decision is whether or not to apply early decision. The deadline is Sunday. I just received my high school transcripts today and they are ready to be mailed, but I’m still waiting on my two letters of recommendation from teachers. These letters are optional, and they have to be sent with my transcripts. The Virginia Tech website says: “An official or unofficial copy of your current high school transcript must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions within a reasonable time period from the application deadline (Early Decision: November 1; Regular Decision: January 15). Transcripts for Regular Decision freshman applications should be received by February 15.” I don’t quite know for sure whether they’ll take the transcripts that are mailed after the 1st of November, but it seems as though they will as long as the transcripts are received within a month of the deadline. I can’t decide whether to hold off on applying until the regular decision deadline (Could possibly take another SAT with this decision), apply early without letters of rec., or to Apply early while possibly sending my supplemental information in late. I could really use some advice on this issue, and I will appreciate any that I get. Thanks in advance!

Extra info:
SAT: CR+MTH= 1270 Total= 1900
ACT Composite: 29
GPA: 3.8 Weighted (Graduating with 4.0+)
Extracurricular: National Honor Society, Work experience

Apply early. If they are unsure they will just defer you to regular so there is nothing to lose if VT is truly your first choice. Best case scenario you get offered admission in December…worse you will be deferred.