Early move in to apartments prior to rush

<p>My daughter is about to sign a lease at The Lofts for next year. However the management stated that they can not move in prior to August 15, 2014. I know she will have be in Tuscaloosa in late July or early Aug for rush preparation, What did other girls in sororities do in this situation.</p>

<p>Mine will be in the same boat. Can not move in till mid August. I’ve told mine to ask about being able to move in the end of July and we will be willing to pay a full month rent for August, I’ll even pay a portion of July as it is cheaper for hotels at that time for us to get her moved in on time.</p>

<p>I think The Retreat lets kids move in on Aug 1st. That’s when my son moved in a couple of years ago.</p>

<p>have her ask some of her sisters what they did. the lofts might have some storage rooms that they could use or rent to put their stuff in for the first couple weeks if they can’t move in early.</p>

<p>i think it is dumb that the apartments all seem to have set move in dates. they should have flexible move in dates … like regular apartments. they don’t do a real great job at getting all the apartments move-in ready at the same time with the system as it is now.</p>

<p>TNCM, EE leases require the tenant to pay a full month’s rent for August already. It’s twelve equal payments throughout the year. Current residents’ leases expire on July 31 at 10:00 a.m., but they allow a resident to pay a daily rate of $150 to remain in the apartment if they choose to do so.</p>

<p>Move in dates vary between properties, but many do not allow move in until August 15. Most assign a move in date AND time by building or by floor.</p>

<p>i guess they could get a few people and share a hotel room if they had to. or sign a lease with a place that better accommodates their schedules.</p>

<p>Have them ask older sisters that are living in existing apartments if they can crash with them for a few weeks. I think this is a common issue and if I remember correctly back to forever ago, girls just crashed where they could until move in.</p>

<p>apply for sigma rho chi or j-board. this will give you a few days in a hotel! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>someone stayed in my daughters room during work week and rush. idk what their particular situation was, though.</p>

<p>My daughter and her roomie had the same issue this past August. Luckily her roomie’s grandmother lives in Tuscaloosa and they stayed with her (I don’t think they wanted to move out). It was such a pain because move in was pref day and basically we had to just move my D in and decide how everything would be set up because the girls were working long days during this time. Hopefully she can find a pledge sister to bunk with for a couple of weeks!</p>