ED or RD - Upenn Wharton

I agree completely—wonder if they were no where near the actual campus. Many people think it is in the center of downtown Philly rather than where it is. And to see the beautiful parts you have to park and walk or you miss all the trees and courtyard /quads, as there aren’t drivable roads through the main campus area.

1 Like

Definitely something to consider, however the NPC for USC is around $60-65K & same for wharton. Its at the range where we can afford it if we really tried, but at the same time its pricy for us.

Those other schools seem like great options, however, I am only really willing to go out of state for a school I really like such as Wharton. I’m open to UC schools though!

Just curious - why do you like Wharton?

Have you visited?

I love the pre-professional emphasis, connections, and community (logical yet service-oriented people). The campus is also nice. And the prestige/career opportunities that come with going to Wharton are nearly unmatched in the business world.

OK - that’s fair but also would depend upon the major (outcomes, careers unmatched). All or most b schools are pre professional and yes the name is one that you can brag about forever.

So if you’re away from home, how would you handle?

Of course, even if you are close to home, you are still away. You (hopefully) wouldn’t be going home but spending time on campus - and while travel is not easy, there’ll be plenty of non stops from Philly to California.

If you prefer it over USC, give it a go. If you don’t, then don’t ED because being bound to somewhere that isn’t your top choice just makes no sense…

If your family says it’s ok - then it’s great. But if you have concern for their retirement or ability to live day to day, then that matters too - because it’s easy to spend but there’s no guarantee you’ll recoup.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Wherever you end up, I’m sure you’ll do great things.

Nope, college junior, and extremely well traveled (my sister and her ex don’t work, just travel). They did sell their apartment on Lake Michigan in Chicago due to increasing crime (second home). I once got stuck in a bad gps loop in Camden heading to Philadelphia so maybe they ended up in a similar situation? I remember my daughter not liking Rutgers because it was raining…

This is why I always use waze for route, but i look at google maps for overview, to see traffic and general direction progress. Camden was horrible, dont know if it has gotten better,

1 Like

I don’t disagree with any of the advice given so far, and I am not trying to promote Penn for ED. I will only add that the description of Wharton as “cutthroat” is not quite right. Wharton will promote a lot of collaborative group work in classes. The pressure at UPenn comes from its pre-professional environment. Clubs are competitive, and there is a lot of striving for top internships, but students aren’t kneecapping each other.

1 Like