ED Regret—what should I do?

This fall, I decided to ED to a T10, when my grandmother wanted me to REA to a T5 nearby where she lived. The T10 was my dream school for many years, and very reputed in my major of choice. For my ideal career path at the time (academia) both schools offered equal opportunity. I got into my ED and was elated. I was very happy with the result for a while. Then, after decisions my grandmother got very sick, which made me begin to regret not attempting to go to school nearby her. Now I will be hours away. Then, around the same time, I started dating a girl who I really like. She is one of the most beautiful and kind people I have met. She ended up committing to the same T5 in the spring. We broke up recently because of distance. In addition, my thoughts on career have been changing, and now the careers I’m interested in marginally benefit the T5 over the T10. I was really excited for school next year, but it seems like the world keeps on spitting on my decision. If I just went with the T5–even though it was unlikely it would fall—I could have a chance at resolving both of these issues in my life. My grandma would have company and I could continue this relationship I care about. The frustrating thing is that none of it has to do with myself, but other people in my life. All this could be achieved while attending a school that is greater or equal to the current one I’m enrolled in. How should I deal with these emotions and let myself move on?

Maybe this is premature, since it’s fresh off both of these things being on my mind.

You will be going to a great college that you love. Stop overthinking and move forward with a positive attitude.

14 Likes

If you recently broke up with someone you really liked - compounded with your grandma’s health situation - has probably created a dark cloud in your brain, and that makes everything look dismal. You’re feeling crappy right now and that makes your recent decision seem like a bad one because your overall mood is likely rather pessimistic. As you recover from the breakup - and hopefully your grandma recovers or at least stabilizes - life will seem more promising and your overall outlook will change and become more positive. Get through this darkness and hopefully by the time fall semester starts, you are ready and excited for your new life full of new possibilities.

2 Likes

@SouthYankie why the lol??

The OP is welcome to repost under the original account. Since Terms of Service prohibits multiple accounts, I am closing.