Elon University Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter was accepted with the presidential scholarship. She is very excited but there was no mention of what program or major. She applied for Cinema and Television Arts. Did anyone get a specific refeference to this major? I am wondering if it means she was only accepted as undeclared.

1 Like

If your child is chosen for one of the fellows programs, they would get an additional scholarship of $7,500 to $13,500 annually. That stacks on top of the Presidential Scholarship.

3 Likes

You don’t apply for a specific major at Elon with the exception of nursing and performing arts. You declare a major later.

2 Likes

Same situation here. From what I can tell, they are offering ED2 only as an option to those that didn’t get in EA? They refer to being “invited” to participate in the ED2 “program” in the letter. What I can’t tell is if all EA deferrals were encouraged to ED2?

Same with D23. I don’t think we can afford it without the fellows program.

2 Likes

I know that not all EA deferrals got the same letter. Only some got the invite to ED2. It is still unclear of the strategy. The turnaround to decide from when you accept ED2 is extremely fast
5 days!

1 Like

Daughter deferred
W 4.5
Act 34
President of class
Numerous Ec’s
Top 3 in class of 90

Kind of confused to be honest. Accepted at other higher ranked schools already

Musical theater Major. Perhaps that is part of it.

Congrats to those accepted. Great school !!

That seems very strange. Maybe yield protection?

1 Like

That is so odd. I think being a musical theatre major is not a bad thing at all. I just think they got so many applications, but I am still thrown off on why they don’t post ED2 on their site and you can’t find it anywhere online.

You may be in the group that they assume will not attend. Im guessing they are hoping to get better yield.

2 Likes

Elon’s Musical Theater program is one of the most selective in the country.

2 Likes

Yes, the musical theater program has produced many successful alums. Here is one actress who starred in Wicked on Broadway and is now in a Hallmark movie playing one of the Rockettes.

1 Like

Yes. Very competitive we are aware and maybe that is the case. We love Elon regardless.

With those stats, sounds like yield protection. They want to see if she is serious about attending.

I think my 23 is in a similar boat.

Kudos on the other acceptances!

4 Likes

Agree. They are giving another chance to students that they are very interested in but assume will probably not attend. If they truly want Elon, they will probably get it with ED2 interest.

23 accepted but no merit or invitation to fellows.

3.9 UW
4.2 W
Rigorous course load
APs and extra honors STEM classes
4 year sport
Essays good
TO

Congrats to all who were accepted and/or received scholarships!

1 Like

Doesnt musical theatre require auditions?

1 Like

Yes, performing arts programs at Elon all require auditions. Elon University / Performing Arts / About Elon Music Theatre

Yes on auditions and those are pending. Different from other schools who will admit you to the university and then make you audition to be admitted to the MAJOR.

My daughter is a freshman at Elon - I showed this to her - she said it’s because of the musical theatre major, it’s pretty competitive. I believe Elon has the most grads, or is close to the top, of colleges listed in Playbills on Broadway!

4 Likes