Emerson College BCE or Writing, Lit, Publishing

Hi everyone,

I’m a senior applying to emerson college via common app. On the app it says we can only apply for one major, so I was wondering which major I should apply as.

Does applying for one over the other affect my chances?

For reference, I own a book editing business where I developmentally edit scifi and fantasy works.

My main goal in attending college is to expand my knowledge and improve my entrepreneurial skills (copywriting, building courses, sales) and/or understanding of publishing. I also want to network with publishing companies and want to obtain an internship with at least one.

I have 3.77 GPA and am taking my 8th, 9th and 10th AP Classes this year (all 4s and 5s except for a 3 in Spanish Lang). I have also obtained a 5 in AP Lang, but haven’t taken AP Stat which I feel like would’ve been good to take for Business of Creative Entreprises.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and this will determine my Supp Essay responses.

Thank you!!!

Perhaps you should request a meeting with one of the department admissions people, let them know your desired outcomes and perhaps they can steer you to the right place major wise.

Good luck.