Emory Class of 2027 Official Thread

Just checking in and seeing this … Our son’s came out Thursday. He’s WL at Emory but accepted to Oxford. Not sure that matters.

Did you check the box on application to show interest in Oxford?!

Has anyone received anything in the mail since being accepted? I think it’s the only college that hasn’t sent me anything. VERY limited emails and nothing through the mail. Maybe because I was accepted at Oxford and waitlisted at the Atlanta campus? Other schools have been sending things though so seems weird. Not feeling much love, lol.

1 Like

My student has not.

We have not either, but it took a few weeks to get anything from any of the Unis DD was accepted to.

The do most communication through admitted student portal. So many options for sessions - virtual and campus. Make sure to log in as it has been very helpful for us.

Our son hasn’t received any snail mail but has received two emails since we visited for Oxford College Preview Day (we went April 7th to Oxford and then the 8th to Atlanta campus). I will say if you have an opportunity to visit Oxford for a preview day it is very informative - several opportunities to ask questions directly to the students as well as to a few faculty! And there was lots of swag given out - tee shirt, yard sign, pennant, water bottle, plus small breakfast, sit down lunch and a fun cookie!

1 Like

Does anyone know if Emory ever accepts waitlisted applicants before 5/1?

1 Like

I don’t know about Emory specifically, but I have already of schools that are starting to pull from waitlists. I’m on the parent page for several schools my son applied to and just this past weekend a parent or two have posted questions stating their student just got off the waitlist.

I have also heard that Emory may look at their students who applied and were accepted to Oxford campus but are on the Emory ATL campus waitlist and begin with pulling the students from that waitlist - just a rumour but…

Oh interesting. My daughter didn’t apply to Oxford but is on the Emory waitlist and praying she gets off.

I was just looking at last year’s thread and it said they had 9,000 students on the waitlist. That seems like a crazy amount! I hate when schools, especially small or mid-size schools keep such a large waitlist. No reason to have that many, it just gives false hope.

I know, it’s so unnecessary. I think about half accepted last year. I’m curious how many they offered it to this year and how many accepted.

Yes, he did

New thread to discuss Emory Waitlist -

Hoping to see movement soon.

1 Like

Son officially committed to Emory/Oxford College this weekend and put the sign out! He is very excited about all of the opportunities ahead. Has to get through the next 10 days of AP testing and then he’ll be diving into a ZeeMe/Insta roommate search and all the planning things! We are very excited!

2 Likes

My son is really struggling with his decision. He was accepted to Oxford but waitlisted for Emory. He’s already taken 11 AP classes and 8 college classes. He was really looking forward to starting classes in his major ASAP. He’s worried about the limited classes at Oxford and the cap of 18 credits (I know that’s for both campuses). Will it feel like he’s repeating the classes he already worked so hard to finish? We were told that Oxford is more suited for students not ready for the larger school size of Emory and a stepping stone for the rigor of college classes and life.
Help!

2 Likes

We are in a similar situation, ultimately my son decided to give up his spot at Oxford. He accepted a spot somewhere else, but wrote a LOCI to Emory re: his waitlist spot on the University campus, in the hope that he might make it off the waitlist.

How much does your son like his 2nd choice school?

Unfortunately he was waitlisted at his 3 top schools. He has other good options and will most likely end up continuing at our State University in the honors program. It’s a big 10 school with a great biology school. All of his credits would transfer. He messaged Oxford with some questions and is hoping to hear back today so he feels better about the decision he makes.

1 Like

My daughter committed this weekend too!! We visited both campuses and she enjoyed both profusely! We did our visit last Friday and caught a Taylor Swift concert as well while we were there to cap it all off! Congratulations on making your decision - your input on my private thread regarding your visit really motivated us to visit and we are so happy we did.

9 preferable waitlists for us! Ugh.

Good luck, I hope what he hears is reaffirming. And, a big 10 + an honors program sounds like the best of both worlds!

1 Like