Emory Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Emory University offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

This year, the Early Decision I (ED) deadline for Emory is November 1.

This year, the Early Decision II (ED) deadline for Emory is January 1.

Source

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 9. Last year, Emory admitted 704 of the 3,125 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 22.53%.

For more information visit the Emory University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Emory applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Emory University? Why Emory? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Emory topics visit the emory-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Emory Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

3 Likes

Has anyone who’s applied ED to emory university started getting their decision ?

1 Like

I don’t think so. All applicants will get decisions on the same day. I hope it’s Dec. 8th.

1 Like

the website says 15th so i guess it will come then… thats really annoying tbh

1 Like

Anyone here submit by Nov 15 for scholarships but not doing ED?

2 Likes

I applied to Emory ED, but I haven’t gotten my decision yet. Hopefully decisions come out soon! Best of luck!!

Emory sends all decisions at the same time. Typically a stated Wednesday at 6pm. In recent years it has been one week prior to the notify by date. Theoretically that would be this Wednesday. They announce on social media when the decisions will come usually on the Monday before they do it. So if it were to be this Wednesday the announcement would tend to come today. It hasn’t so this may be the year where you will actually hear on the 15th. You won’t hear later than the 15th. International students are sent typically by courier the decisions. Everyone else logs into the portal at the given time to hear.

2 Likes

Yes, Monday email and Wednesday announcement is Emory’s tradition. If it’s next week, that could mean the number of applicants has increased this year.

That’s what I am thinking. Increase in ED1 applicant pool. We know the QuestBridge match was 61 as well.

So instead of getting a digital copy of the acceptance letter, international students get a physical letter? Thx

Historically it was delivered by courier internationally. I cannot confirm if that is true this year. Last member of our family was ED2 and got in before covid. Current one waiting on ED1 and we are US but at the time the last one got in international was delivered by courier.

1 Like

Thanks! GL to the one waiting on ED1!

Thank you!

Any ED results out there yet?

https://twitter.com/EmoryAdmission/status/1468299121597550594?s=20

No. You will get an email and see on social media an alert telling you when to look. Historically it has always been a Wednesday at 6 and typically the alert comes on the Monday. Unlike prior years emory did not do this before the 12/15 making it pretty definitive the posts will come on Monday and the decision 6pm on Wednesday the 15th. Also suggests they had a larger pool of ED than in prior years and more than they anticipated.

This notification is from Emory admissions via twitter.

Do you think a larger applicant pool will lower the percentage they accept ED? I know last year they accepted around 30% of ED apps.

Hard to know. They will take what works for Emory. In general between ED1 and ED2 Emory accepts more than half of their entire class but it varies. I do know that last years incoming class had more people accept emory at both campuses than emory was expecting to happen. Since the school guarantees housing they had to find alternate options on both campuses. In Atlanta emory owns an hotel I think that may be what they did this year was use it. At Oxford they built a mod village with single rooms bathroom and then a suite mate. My son didn’t like the dorm assignment he was going to have for year two and decided to go through lottery again for the mods and loves it. That extra housing is planned to come down for next year and not be used in Atlanta either so I am not sure if they need to level out the class size for the incoming year. I know when I went they had three consecutive years of increased class sizes. Due to that my year there was a major increase in cost of tuition to try and level the class size. It didn’t work. Before I got there Atlanta was 1000 per year. That hasn’t been true for over thirty years. Not sure if they want to keep close to 1500 in Atlanta though. Good luck.

2 Likes