Emory University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Emory University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

I am a senior student at a Chinese high school. My GPA is 4.0 with Toefl score of 111 and ACT score of 31. I had taken AP exams and get one 5 and two 4s. How likely would I be accepted by Emory through ED?

1 Like

here we go

2 Likes

My D applied RD Early for merit consideration. Does anyone know when such students hear admission decisions? Do they only hear early if they are finalists for merit? Otherwise late March?

About two to three weeks after ED2 decisions come out people that are finalists for the major scholarships like the woodruff are invited to campus for scholars weekend. In the 1990s when I got in and there was no ED2 scholarship decision was earlier. I didn’t get invited to scholars weekend but I did get my acceptance at that time while others did not hear until regular decision. Hope that helps. My son was an ED2 so it was before scholars decision.

3 Likes

https://blog.emoryadmission.com/2022/12/edi-notification-date-2022/

3 Likes

very nervous!

Just a few more hours to go…

Good luck to those of you waiting. Looking forward to welcoming some new Eagles in a couple of hours.

thank you!

almost 30 minutes left…

10 minutes left!

One minute…!

DS accepted, everyone is thrilled. 4.0 unweighted GPA, not sure what it comes out to weighted. High rigor of classes over all of high school. 1470 SAT, submitted. Deep involvement in his ECs. Strong relationships with his college counselor and teachers that submitted recommendations.

3 Likes

Congrats.

1 Like

IN FOR BOTH!

I posted a chance me, but TLDR mediocre grades at a competitive high school(3.7), 35 ACT, rushed but decent essays, decent teacher rec letters, and (some)high level ECs related to my major.

1 Like

Congrats. Emory/Oxford students will reach out to you to help you choose a campus. (At least that is the norm). Both have advantages. It depends on what you need, want and find a better fit.

My son got in ED to both Emory College and Oxford! We are thrilled! Stats: 1380 SAT, 3.88 weighted GPA, great essays/ECs and recs. Surprised and happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! If you don’t mind can I ask you a question? Did your son submit his SAT?

1 Like

Yes he did! Honestly I think the numbers are way inflated because a lot don’t submit their scores. That said, he’s a business major and had a very high math score.