Engineering and MBA

Can a chemical engineering student do the MBA program too? I can only find dual degree for mechanical engineering and MBA on the website?

Yes…he can to the STEM to MBA program.

http://manderson.culverhouse.ua.edu/academics/departments/mba_program/stem_path_to_the_mba

Can someone help me understand the benifit for an engineer to have an mba?

Why would an engineering student want to pursue this instead of say an ms in engineering?

Thanks for the response.

I’m guessing that some would argue that many engineers lack business sense, and that can be an issue in the tech world. Many engineers end up in lead/mgmt positions that require handling some of the business end of contract req’ts, proposals, cost issues, project mgmt, etc.

Almost all of Hs engineer friends who have an MBA also are working at the Director level. I can list at least five off the top of my head. I also know of non-MBA engineers who are at the same level, but it seems there was a more rapid rise to those who had the MBA.

If you can obtain your Six Sigma Black Belt while in school that is also a HUGE opportunity…don’t pass it up!

My DD is in the engineering UG program and STEM MBA program at UA. STEM MBA is an honors program, and there is a 1.5 hour course each semester during the four years of UG, along with MBA courses summer between jr/sr year, summer after UG, and finish MBA two semesters later.

Her internship job this past summer helped DD see how beneficial the MBA degree will be for her.

The structured program at UA helps get through the program efficiently.