Entering as a sophomore?

<p>So I am entering BAMA as a sophomore thanks to my AP credit. </p>

<p>Here is the question. Presidential scholarship is for 4 year full tuition.</p>

<p>If i am entering as a sophomore. will the scholarship decrease to 3 year full tuition?</p>

<p>While it’s completely reasonable for college to decrease the scholarship amount, it would awesome if I got some extra money so that I could pay more dorms and books…my parents have been working real hard to pay them.</p>

<p>You have earned the scholarship that gives you four full years of tuition (8 semesters). It will not be decreased due to the AP credits that you have earned. Good news, right?</p>

<p>As Amy said, you’ll get full tuition for 8 semesters. Many Presidential Scholarship recipients come in with sophomore or even higher standing. If you choose to spend four full years at UA, you’ll have your tuition covered. If you choose to graduate in less than 8 semesters, you will forfeit the remaining semesters of tuition. UA will not make the funds available for your dorm and other expenses. You could, however, use a semester to cover summer expenses, including tuition for summer abroad (but I don’t think it would cover travel expenses or anything like that).</p>

<p>You are fine. </p>

<p>You’re premed, you will want to use all 8 semesters…or at least 7.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>for an OOS student, using a semester for a semester/summer abroad usually DOES cover travel.</p>

<p>an OOS student is given $12k for that semester/summer use…that is plenty to cover travel and the abroad program.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids‌ so even tho I entered as a sophomore, if I study for 8 semesters does that mean I will</p>

<p>graduate in same year as this year’s incoming freshmen?</p>

<p>Many students come in to UA with AP, CLEP credits. You will want to utilize all the learning you can at UA esp if you are pursuing an advanced degree - really can have very strong credentials for the program you want.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>are you asking if you study for 8 semesters, will you graduate the same time as other incoming frosh who will study for 8 semesters?? if so, then yes.</p>

<p>I m actually hoping for to finish in 3 yrs so that my parents won’t have to pay for my dorms and other stuff for another year…were there any pre med who finished within 3 yrs?</p>

<p>You have an incredible opportunity to enjoy a world of opportunity for four years. </p>

<p>My kids who are biology majors (pre-med) will be starting year 3 this August and expect to graduate after 3 years (May 2015).</p>

<p>are they taking a glide year or applying to med school now?</p>

<p>@HersheyBear‌ </p>

<p><<<
I m actually hoping for to finish in 3 yrs so that my parents won’t have to pay for my dorms and other stuff for another year…were there any pre med who finished within 3 yrs?</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>you can graduate anytime you can. as a premed, it can be risky, but it has been done.</p>

<p>They took the MCAT in May and are applying now (all of their available secondary applications have been submitted). Their thoughts were to apply now with the option of attending Bama for another year of undergrad.</p>

<p>best wishes!!! Keep us updated as to how things go! did they apply to either UAB or USA as well? </p>

<p>Thanks! CC is where we got hooked on Bama and their college experience has been phenomenal. They were initially thinking of applying to UAB and USA but have not done so as of yet. We are pretty sure they will get accepted (knock on wood) to a school in our home state of Ohio which is significantly cheaper. Will keep CC updated…</p>

<p>Have them apply to usa, at least. it is known to give merit which covers all or nearly all the OOS portion of tuition.</p>