Environmental Journalism?

<p>If I want to pursue a career in environmental journalism, what would be the best college major and minor to study? Considering I'm against animal experimentation and dissection, and can't bring myself to participate in any of that? Being an Indian national, if I'd like to work in the United States or in other places outside India, would it be best for me to get my undergraduate degree outside India as well?</p>

<p>I think your best bet would be to get a degree in Journalism (either magazine or print/online/editorial), and then also double major in something like Environmental Studies. Some schools offer Environmental Writing as a major or minor as well, but for the most part, you’re going to have to wait for graduate school to study something as specific as Environmental Journalism. However, I heard Lehigh University offers a B.A. in Journalism and Science Writing. It is interdisciplinary, with 4 courses in science/engineering, four courses in science and eviron journalism, and a set of core journalism classes. As for grad school, the University and Montana and NYU’s science, health, and environmental reporting at the Carter institute for journalism are supposed to be among the best.</p>

<p>I think environmental journalism is yet to develop as a full-fledged field within journalism. But in recent years environment and wildlife issues have gained greater prominence in the press and some stories are even making main news desk. This career also require a minimum entry level qualification of degree/diploma in science and a course in journalism or science communication from a good institute is needed. Sometimes a little background in wildlife and environmental issues and related laws would add to your skills. The site [Fellowships</a> in Environmental Journalism | Middlebury](<a href=“Franklin Environmental Center at Hillcrest | Middlebury”>Franklin Environmental Center at Hillcrest | Middlebury) has information about some fellowship programs taken in environmental journalism. I hope it would help you.</p>