ETAM for Class of 2026

Thank you so much, I’m staying hopeful that I will!! :slight_smile:

@D_B2 if you have a parent who is on Facebook, send them this link to join. Current parents of Engineering students who can give great, sound advice. You definitely want to be as prepared as possible. Parents only, no students, must answer all questions to join.

1 Like

Got it, thank you so much!! I currently have a problem with dietary restrictions on the Galveston Campus so if they can move me over to CS or accommodate me (they currently can’t) they said they would join as only then can I attend TAMU unfortunately

1 Like

@D_B2 good luck! I’ve read not stellar things about main/College Station Dining Services, not being able to accommodate allergens or dietary restrictions well. Lots of complaints from parents, very limited options.

@52AG82 Thank you!! And sorry I just noticed the mistake I meant from Galveston to CS! I went to both and it was Galveston who couldn’t accommodate me but CS could in my case which was surprising as I can’t eat gluten, meat/fish, or eggs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pre-pandemic year of Fall 2017 also had 2796 Engineering Freshmen, so as Fall 2018 with 2867 Freshmen. In line with Fall 2021 with 2894.

The point is the total with GPA 4.0 keep increasing. Freshmen starting Summer or Fall doesn’t matter. ETAM application time is the same Spring.

3 Likes

@D_B2 gotcha! While College Station Dining Services dietitian can say they’ll accommodate, I’ve seen MANY posts by parents-mainly with g/f and Celiac kids-who complain. Choices are super limited (many times only option is fruit or lettuce), not strict enough about cross contamination. This is primarily in the 2 dining halls. Some of the free standing eating places across campus might have a regular g/f menu all the time.
But the true Celiac parents aren’t happy at all. A&M definitely drops the ball, compared to many other major universities. Just fyi…

Yup I did notice that and wish there was more! However, there are plenty of restaurants and I can eat a lot at the MSC whereas in Galveston I can eat basically nothing besides fruits and there’s practically no restaurants for me to go to either. When I asked about accommodations at Galveston they let me eat in the dining hall to see what my life would be like as a student and they gave me gluten free pizza but put meat on top of it (which I can’t eat) and said that was the only option. There was also no other food for me to be eat at Galveston other than the fruits and one brand of cereal :frowning:

@D_B2 shaking my head. That’s just crazy. Surprised they haven’t been hit with a lawsuit by some student with Celiac or other life threatening food allergy.
Dining options on Main Campus won’t be a whole lot better, especially if you live on campus, but definitely plenty of places to eat off, plus H-E-B and Brookshire Brothers minutes away from campus.

For sure! The on campus dining options are almost the same to be honest but I agree they at least have the stores near by so I can cook at dorms in the community kitchen or live off campus/in apartments if I like. And ya I have Celiac and I was surprised by how little the dining manager knew about it and accommodations if I’m being honest

I am not surprised. So many complaints about dining services. One student running for Student Body President even listed his main platform to end the contract with Chartwells (the food provider).
One of the largest universities in America, and accommodations for food allergies is almost non-existent. Shameful.
IF you do end up getting in, I’d suggest living in Park West; it’s owned by the university, but not considered campus housing. Super close, just across from athletic complex, and a brand new Brookshire Brothers opened onsite this school year.
Freshman living on campus are required to purchase a Meal Plan, so you’d literally be throwing $ away. No way to get around the Meal Plan, and most community kitchens get yucky.

Aww I hope he is able to make his plan successful as right now they aren’t able to accommodate for too many people. And got it thank you so much, if I do I’ll check it out at Park West! Honestly though I have no idea what’s going to happen as disability services in Galveston keep telling me to go to College Station and College Station disability services keeps telling me to go to Galveston :grimacing:

@FriscoDad That’s very true, just back in 2017 UT Austin would not decline top 1% of 4A+ size HS students but last few years many with super high scores and top 1% from 4A 5A even 6A HS didn’t get their majors and moved to A&M.

1 Like

@FriscoDad It isn’t just freshman starting in the fall or summer in that figure its any student who has 30 or less credit hours completed. So for example it could be kids that started in fall 2020 but that either didn’t take that many per semester or ended up dropping classes that still could be included in that number.

It seems to me that the number of 4.0 GPA’s is about the same as a percent of the total class size.

Raising the auto-admit GPA is probably to avoid certain majors (biomedical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science) from auto-admitting more than their capacity, so those majors will likely admit fewer overall.

If your desired major is one of those three, then best would be to treat it as if you need the 3.75 GPA to get into it. If it is mechanical, aerospace, architectural, or civil engineering, then it will be competitive but realistically possible below a 3.75 GPA. It looks like most other engineering majors admit all or the vast majority of applicants.

1 Like

I 100% agree! if I attend A&M I’ll be treating it as the required GPA rather than a target one just to be safe as I want computer science or aerospace.

1 Like

Hi my ds just found out about ETAM last week as he was deciding between Computational Media at Georgia Tech or CS at TAMU. It’s probably the only thing holding him back from accepting TAMU’s offer. Questions we hope kind folks here could help answer:

1. For ETAM, will gpa be based on only the classes listed here? General Engineering Class of 2025 Requirements | Texas A&M University Engineering
    Doesn’t he need to take other classes?

2. He scored A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics in the Cambridge A Level? What are his chances of getting a 3.75? We’re in Asia n unfamiliar with how the system works.

3. What actually happens if he doesn’t achieve 3.75?

Thank you.

1 Like

Posting Spring 2023 ETAM results for those looking at this thread for info. This is the Class of 2026s first semester to apply to ETAM.
GPA required for auto-admit is 3.75min for this class.

1 Like

Last Spring, CPSC accepted 360 and this Spring, they upped it to 400. And look at those auto admit numbers! I’m just glad my Aggie was one of the 55% holistic accepted for CPEN!

1 Like

More auto-admits, 383, for CPCS than TOTAL admitted in the last 5 years. And that is with the increased GPA from 3.5 to 3.75. Crazy!