Failed College Class During Summer, Should I still list it on UC App?

<p>In UC App it says to list list all colleges attended whether courses were completed or whether you believe your record will affect your chances for admission. </p>

<p>The class I took was related to my major and I am also applying to the same UC I took the class at. Should I really list it, I received a D in the class but so did a lot of the other students. The grade only included 2 midterms in a six week period.</p>

<p>You have to list it. This is not optional.</p>

<p>Wouldn’t college admissions officers see this as a negative indicator of how well I would do in college? Aren’t they more likely to check if i list it rather than not list it?</p>

<p>If you list it, they can look up the grade distribution for the class and see how difficult it was. If you don’t list it and they find out they can reject you simply for that reason.</p>

<p>Yeah; list it. You never want to gamble with this kind of thing. If you show dishonesty now, why would you not do it again? That’s what admissions would think. </p>

<p>Also, since you took it at their university, they’ll probably have your record linked with your info anyway. To be safe and honest, put it down. It’ll be better to list it than to have them find out you lied about it.</p>

<p>The rule on this is very simple:</p>

<p>Whenever you apply for admission to a degree program at an accredited college or university in the US, you are obligated to provide official transcripts from every college and university that you have ever attended.</p>

<p>No matter when.</p>

<p>No matter where in the world.</p>

<p>No matter how bad the grades.</p>

<p>You have to send the transcript.</p>

<p>Katc36, you seem to be confusing the meanings of the terms “optional” and “required.” </p>

<p>Listing this class isn’t optional; it’s required. I understand that you’re worried it will hurt your chances for admission. If I were in your position, I’d be worried about the very same thing. But your being worried has nothing to do with the requirement. It’s still a requirement. </p>

<p>If you do not list it, the omission itself would be grounds for denying you admission. And since you’re applying to the same university where you took this class, there’s a very good chance the omission would be discovered. If you don’t list the class and are admitted anyway, you could still be expelled later if it is subsequently discovered that you withheld information on your application. </p>

<p>It just plain isn’t up to you. List the class.</p>

<p>As you took the class at the school you are applying to, I would estimate that there is a 100% chance that they will know about the class and the grade. How would they not?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes, they will.</p>

<p>So, you had better have a good explanation, but keep it short. (And btw, two midterms and a final, are typical in college, so don’t even think that is an acceptable excuse.)</p>

<p>Yes, blue bayou. That is true. I was just not prepared or ready to take the course as high school student. It was definitely a rude awakening. </p>

<p>Anyways thank you all for you posts and you have convinced me to do the right thing and live up to my past. Hopefully I will still be able to get into a good UC. :)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>perfect. Don’t make excuses, but add something with a similar sentiment and what you have learned to the Other section of the app.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>