Fairfield University Class of 2025 Early Action

Hello everyone! I made this forum page for any questions regarding Fairfield University EA admissions. Ask away :slight_smile:

Our daughter is interested in schools with 5-year BS/MS accounting programs. We visited Fairfield a few months ago and she loved it. She got a 1410 on SAT and has great grades and APs so she’s pretty confident she’ll be accepted. She’s also considering Binghamton. We could only consider Fairfield, however, with a generous merit-based package as we don’t expect any need based aid. How should we approach the decision to apply EA?

@Nozzleman

My wife is Fairfield’s alumna, so originally our D planned to apply there until we did a bit more research on school cost and scholarship.

What we found out is the max for merit scholarship is 25K/year for student with 3.9-4.0 GPA. The cost of attendance is around 70K/yr, so it’s very expensive to go there even if for top students.

I have heard that Fairfield tends to be more generous with need aid than other schools as well (even if one may have a higher EFC). Hoping this is true! I believe my son should qualify for their max merit but agree with you that 25,000 off of 69,000 still leaves a big price tag. Fingers crossed. App is in. Just wait and see I guess.

1 Like

when do you think EA decisions will be released? and do I have a chance of acceptance with these stats: 3.3 gpa UW, tons of service hours, ap courses, strong extra curriculars?

On a webinar we were told EA decisions would be released on 12/17! I think with your unweighted GPA you stand a good chance. Good luck!

Good to hear I hop that is true!!!

Does anyone know what time they will release decisions on Thursday?

Last year was 6 pm EST

1 Like

Has anyone else’s kid not gotten any emails? Mine hasn’t, and said that other’s just got one about the decision release day

1 Like

Mine hasn’t either

Hmmm, that is really weird. Check your portal to see if everything was checked off

My son also hasn’t received any emails since late October. Weird.

Bizzare…
Did you check junk/ spam etc…
We got the email yesterday

Yup, checked everywhere. Nowhere to be found.

Same

Yup, she submitted everything she had to, and the last email sent to her was in October. Seems that other people are having the same problem, lets hope its just a system glitch

I have not received an email and my application is complete on my portal. One of my friends applied and received the email that decisions will be released on 12/17 at 6 pm EST. I am assuming their system has a very high volume and it was an error.

We just got the email. Maybe they were sending in batches to avoid the spam folder.

Just got an email! Best of luck everyone!