Fairfield University class of 2025 Regular Decisions

I didn’t see a regular decision thread so figured I’d start one. Decisions come out Friday, March 13th at 6pm!

Good luck to everyone. My son is a junior at Fairfield so let me know if anyone has questions.

DD was just admitted to the college of arts and sciences with 12k scholarship. She had been deferred from EA. Not her top choice.

Son accepted $18k scholarship

1 Like

Hi, how does your son like Fairfield. Can you provide some pros and cons ?

Yes he loves it. Pros are the beautiful campus, quaint and very safe town, beach is only a few miles away, all dorms are on campus so no shuttles or 1/2 hour extra time to get to class. Students can take shuttle into town to eat or shop or to the train station to go into NYC. Class size is small so there is a lot of personal interaction with professors. Very active alumni network and career development center. Students will be very well prepared for the job market. 98% of students are employed or in grad school within 6 months of graduating. In the past 3-4 years they have built new dorms, a new nursing building and state of the art business building. This spring they start construction on a new sports arena and convocation center. Housing is guaranteed and required all 4 years with seniors being able to enter a lottery to live off campus by the beach senior year. Because students live together the first 3 years there is a strong sense of community. The only cons I can think of is it is not as diverse as I would like and it can be expensive though my sons financial aid package made if close to the cost of our state school. My son really likes the food but some students get tired from eating there.

2 Likes

Do u mind sharing her stats as someone who is interested in applying next year?

No SAT or ACT submitted. Private Catholic High School 87 overall average No honors or AP classes but very involved with volleyball, theater for 2 years. Obviously Covid stop those activities. She also received between 15k and 25k at Pace, Quinnipiac, Stonehill, Emmanuel, Hofstra, Sacred Heart.
Still waiting for Emerson, Marist and Fordham. Probably picking Fordham, Emerson or Pace.

2 Likes

Oh wow good luck! My sister graduated from 2019 and loved it…let me know if you have any questions regarding the school

*from Fordham

My nephew and niece both graduated Fordham and so did their spouses. My son is a sophomore in the Gabelli school now. We love Fordham. Im just not crazy about the 80k tuition:(

1 Like

Thanks for your reply

1 Like

hi what is his major

what is his major

my son accepted i am concerned about how challenging it is?

how difficult is it?

From what I heard, it definitely is a lot of work. Also depends of your major. My sister’s major was International Political Economy which you needed a certain GPA to be admitted into(hence the more difficult courseload) there also is a core curriculum at Fordham which some find annoying but it definitely prepares you for success.

My son is an accounting major and business analytics minor. It can be challenging but not overwhelming. My son was a good student in high school but there still was a period of adjustment. College classes are harder and professors expect students to manage the assignments and due dates.