Fall 2023 Acceptances and what comes next

My student received her acceptance to VCU for fall 2023. We applied back in August. When would we hear about any merit money? Thanks.

My D19 (at the time) heard about VCU Arts merit $ in the spring (late March). Your student may wish to email admissions to ask.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing when your student submitted their application?

My D20 heard about VCUarts merit in the spring, so expect to hear around then unless it’s changed.

1 Like

My son got his acceptance last night for their engineering program (biomedical)… he applied Oct. 30.

1 Like

I wonder if they release in batches? My son also received an acceptance yesterday for computer science (also in the engineering school). He applied 10/24.

2 Likes

Congrats to your son! What are his stats? OOS or IS?

1 Like

Did anyone get any type of aid with the acceptance letter or does that come later?

1 Like

We are in-state
4.0 w / 3.5 uw
1460 SAT
8 APs + 2 DE through GMU
CS classes all four years of high school
Robotics team is his biggest EC

Congrats! My son applied much later. Just gauging to see how soon he will hear back. Did your son get snail mail/email/check the portal about the decision?

He received an email telling him to check the portal. Best of luck to your son!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Son got his acceptance today for Mechanical and Nuclear engineering. He applied end of October. In state.

3 Likes

My son also got his acceptance today! College of Engineering for Computer Science! Applied 10/31, in-state as well!

4 Likes

Congratulations!

My daughter applied on December 1st. Yesterday she received an email congratulating her on her admittance and inviting her to an open house in February. But she has received no formal notification of admittance in her portal or by mail. So is she admitted or not?

Congratulations! Yes, she’s been accepted. Check her portal! There’s a link to her acceptance letter towards the bottom of the page. Congratulations again! What’s her major?

1 Like

At the moment, Sociology

1 Like

Update, she has not been accepted. She just got an email telling her the email she received was sent in error and that a decision on her application has not been made. NOT IMPRESSED, VCU!

Ugh! I’m sorry this happened to her. I read about this happening to a few other students on Reddit so she is not alone.