Fall 2023 film : Emerson, Ithaca, Chapman

My daughter was accepted to Chapman for creative producing. It is still on our final list along with Emerson, Ithaca and UNCSA. Right now it’s the most expensive, plus we need to add on the costs for travel (we live on the east coast) and their additional fees for the film classes.

Hesitating between what and what?

Hesitant about Emerson- city and east coast winters. Ruled out Ithaca. UC Santa Cruz- better weather, but not happy about the program. Waitlisted at LMU and Chapman, which were both top choices. Decided on Emerson today.

1 Like

Congratulations! I love fall and winter in Boston. it’s very bright. And Emerson is a great school.

Congrats on Emerson ( and having the decision process be over!).

We visited Boston for the first time in February with snow storm arriving the next day. We loved it anyone- the city did a great job plowing and it was beautiful

I’ve posted on other threads but D committed to Emerson yesterday. Came down to there and UNCSA. Ultimately, Emerson increased its merit from $10k to $25k, so never give up. We had asked for a merit review in March, and they gave D an additional $10k in early April. After we attended Picture Yourself at Emerson on April 1 and met with financial aid, we asked for a review of our financial aid package and provided some more documents. Yesterday, they told us we still didn’t qualify for financial aid but gave her an additional $5k in merit, on the last day! And since it’s merit, we don’t need to apply again The COA is still about $5k above our budget but that can be covered with some small lifestyle changes over the next four years. Chapman also increased their merit last week by $5k to $27k, but D felt a deeper connection to Emerson and the students she’s met.

3 Likes

That is great that you got more merit. Was hoping for that same outcome… My daughter has committed to Emerson as well.

2 Likes