Emerson College Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Action (EA) / Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Emerson College is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

Hi! Daughter applying EA in the film production program. IB student, GPA must be around 3.7, SAT 1360, EC: soccer, basketball, film club, chest club, american theater company and drama in French. Wrting for film / TV, and film production summer camps 3 years in a row. That’s it.

My DD is waiting for a decision from Emerson in film production. She applied EA. Any other applicants here ?

Hi,

My daughter is applying EA in the film production program too.

Would anyone happen to know when the decision will come out? I emailed the school but they only say around mid of December.

1 Like

Our son applied EA to the Film Production program at Emerson and eagerly waiting to hear soon. Best of luck to all of your sons & daughters who also applied!

1 Like

They said mid december and usually it is out on a Friday, so the 16th?

1 Like

Hope so. My daughter got so stressed out this week awaiting the EA decisions.

Good luck to all of your sons and daughters who applied!

2 Likes

They just posted the time for decisions today!
|Region|Posted By:|
|AA, AE, AP, CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT, USVI|1:30pm Eastern|
|DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA|2:00pm Eastern|
|DC, FL, GA, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, PR, SC, VA, WV|2:30pm Eastern|
|Central/Mountain Time Zones|3:00pm Eastern|
|All International Countries/Non-US|3:30pm Eastern|
|AK, AS, CA, FM, GU, HI, MP, NV, OR, WA|4:00pm Eastern|

Thanks for the detail!

Where did they post it? I just checked the portal but nothing.

before you login into the portal it’s on top of the page.

Got it. Thank you so much!

Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Has anyone in central time zone gotten theirs yet?

My DD accepted in Media Art Production ! First response from a list of 8 applications. Very happy but: no honors program and no info on any scholarship. I don’t know when they will send the financial package. We’ll see what happens with Chapman, Ithaca and Depaul. Good luck everybody.

1 Like

i got in with a 40,000 merit scholarship for creative writing!!

5 Likes

Son was accepted to film/media production program! No merit info included :frowning: Hope there’s still a chance for financial assistance. Emerson is his first choice!! Congrats to all!

1 Like

We got some scholarships and I think it said something about them being additional to financial aid. But that was it. Didn’t say how or if. For us we would NEED those. lol bc Oy with the tuition there. Can’t justify $60K when we’re already in UT Austin Moody in state which would probably be half that. Ugh. LOVED Emerson, though. So cozy and amazing location.

I think that id there is no merit info included that means that we will have to wait for the need based financial aid. I’m not optimistic on that. we’ll see…

super excited my daughter got in to media productions major…Emerson was her top choice so here we come !

3 Likes

yeah. i’m guessing it is what it is. Fingers crossed. Can’t justify paying almost twice. Good luck!

1 Like

Daughter accepted to film program with “Trailblazer” scholarship. Deferred at Loyola, awaiting Ithaca and Chapman. Can’t believe the stress these kids face waiting these decisions….

1 Like