Family Weekend September 25-27, 2015

Looks like Family Weekend has been announced for Sept 25-27.

+++++

http://www.parents.ua.edu/familyWeekend.cfm

From the above linked site:

"Family Weekend is September 25-27, 2015!

All family members are invited to attend Family Weekend. During the weekend, parents will have an opportunity to experience student life and attend events provided by the Office of Parent Programs. This exciting weekend of events is designed for UA families to have the opportunity to connect with one another, become more familiar with campus, and spend time with their students.

During Family Weekend, the Crimson Tide will take on The University of Louisiana at Monroe Warhawks!

Family Weekend registration information will be shared later this semester."

+++++++

I just reserved a room, and there are few options still available, so book right away.

Our daughter, our eldest, will be a Freshman, and both my husband and I definitely plan on going to Family Weekend. What is the advice on bringing our two younger kids – ages 16 and 12? (The kids all get along well, FWIW.)

All of the good hotels are gone or extremely pricey!

I booked a (refundable) room at the Best Western Park Plaza http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30889-d73299-Reviews-BEST_WESTERN_Park_Plaza_Motor_Inn-Tuscaloosa_Alabama.html for $125/night (plus some fees/taxes). I haven’t been there before, but reviews were OK.

@mmom99, We have an incoming freshman student so we have never done this before! But I want to come to Family Weekend! Hotels in town are booked up, or expensive, as you said! We just booked a room at the Hampton in Bessamer Alabama, 30 miles away, along our route to/from home. Hopefully that will work out. Family weekend itself does not seem to have registration available yet, is that correct? Anyway, no details about events are scheduled yet. Can anyone tell me what usually goes on Sunday?

I think that is correct. Registration should open up soon! Sorry you couldn’t get a room in town. I’ve read to check closer to the date, as rooms might open up at the last minute.

There were still rooms at the Best Western, though I paid $160 per nite.

Thanks @NCEdwards4‌ but I was selectively looking for a place to use my husband’s Hampton/Hilton points, but he doesn’t want to use so many for the Hampton in Tuscaloosa that weekend (they raised the points to 50,000 I think!) so we went further out to get a lower point rate.