Ferguson Center Mail Room

<p>Does anyone know when the Ferguson Center mail room will reopen after the summer construction work? I was hoping to send some packages to DS when he is doing Alabama Action.</p>

<p>Check now to see if Paty Hall will receive packages. When my DS was a Freshman, I shipped many items via UPS or Fed Ex to Paty Hall. They did not take packages sent via USPS. We are out of state and had large purchases ship from the store to Paty Hall. Since my son flew into BHM and took a shuttle to campus, Paty was opened on the Sunday he checked in for Alabama Action. I shipped a folding cart which came in handy to get the multiple boxes from Paty to his dorm. </p>

<p>I thought I’d give a quick update in case anyone else needed to mail packages over the summer. I contacted Tina Lee, one of the supervisors of the Ferguson Center Mail Center, who was super nice and helpful. She told me that they were not going to close over the summer and could accept and hold packages for 10 days except for move in and if you emailed her in advance she could potentially hold packages more than 2 weeks before arrival. To address packages you will need your student’s MSC#. If your student is in the UA system you can find the address and MSC# on MyBama, click on the Student Tab and then the Ferguson Mail Center Icon. This will show you the MSC# and the mailing address. Evidently packages are no longer accepted at Paty Hall (thanks for the idea though momof3boyz).</p>