Financial aid and scholarships

does anybody know if they will be releasing information about scholarships anytime soon?

My son was notified today he was accepted into the Honors program but no mention of scholarship. He is really leaning toward Purdue and we are OSS, so we hope to hear soon.

"Over the weekend of February 16, the Purdue Division of Financial Aid (DFA) will begin releasing award notifications for students who are being offered financial assistance through Purdue. The guidance below will help you access your student records, including financial aid information. Aid being offered will be based upon whether Purdue has received a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) Students not filing a FAFSA and not being offered merit based scholarships would have no awards.

myPurdue and Your Purdue Career Account:
myPurdue is the online portal you will use for a variety of university-related activities throughout your Purdue career, including the handling of your financial aid.

To gain access, you must set up your Purdue Career Account via the account activation website. You will need your Purdue University ID (PUID) and your career account setup password, both of which were provided in your admission offer letter. A copy of your letter is available via the admission application portal.

Financial Aid Information in myPurdue
Once your career account is set up, you can log in to myPurdue where you will see a “Financial Aid” tab. Click on that tab, select the 2018-19 aid year from the drop-down menu and submit.

This financial aid tab is where you will see your financial aid requirements."

(This was posted in a Facebook group for parents of admitted students that is run by Admissions.)

Nothing has been updated yet.

Mine says that my financial requirements are incomplete and that I need to sign some documents they’ll send me? It said something about scholarships since I received money but I’m not sure when my finaid will come out then

I just got an email saying that an initial financial award offer is available for me. But logging into myPurdue it seems like nothing has changed, although it does say there is some document that needs to be signed before funds can be released. Has anyone else been able to view their offer?

You can view the financial award in the Purdue terminal if you go to View Your Financial Aid. If you click the financial aid tab at the top and then you get a menu of options. There, you can view your award at Award and click Award History to see what you received.

Can someone reply here if you received anything from the supplemental/departmental scholarships? Ds already received one of the merit scholarships given out the end of last month and it shows that. I’m just wondering if he didn’t receive anything from the supplemental application or if those haven’t gone out yet.

Not all of the colleges gave supplemental/department scholarships. The College of Science was very clear that there would not be any. I think Engineering may have been the same way.

Ds is College of Liberal Arts. I know they give them out and he filled out the application. I’m just curious if any of them came out already.

I did not see any departmental scholarship either . Wondering if any are coming out or if they were given out already.

Basically offered 500 financial aid plus the federal aid and the rest are loans

Applied for engineering supplemental loan because it was an option. If engineering had no plans to offer any scholarships they should not have been on the list.

@Gills98. After going to the financial aid tab. Scroll to the bottom.

Really disappointed that DS did not receive even a small merit award. We’re caught in the “make too much money to qualify for aid, but are no where close to being wealthy enough to pay a full ride” category. Not sure if we’re going to be able to justify the net cost to our family, which is disappointing. Congratulations to those receiving scholarships! As someone who put herself through college, I know first-hand how valuable they are.